The 435i is available as a coupe or convertible, and either can be outfitted with all-wheel drive. Power comes from a turbocharged 3-liter six-cylinder with 300 horsepower, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. A six-speed manual is available on rear-drive models as a no-cost option.
All models start out with premium features like xenon headlights, a sunroof, driver memory settings and HD radio. Convertibles carry a power-retractable hardtop and wind blocker.
In addition to the standard model, the 435i is available in three optional lines— Luxury, Sport and M Sport—each with its own wheels, leather upholstery and exterior trim. The Luxury offers wood interior trim and chrome exterior accents, while Sport and M Sport carry sport seats and gloss black trim. The M Sport comes with an aerodynamic body kit for a decidedly aggressive appearance.
All models can receive a variety of option packages:
- Premium: Includes leather seats, satellite radio and keyless ignition.
- Technology: Gets you navigation, a larger display screen, Bluetooth audio and a suite of useful smartphone apps.
- Lighting: Adds LED headlights with automatic high beam control.
- Cold Weather: Tacks on neck-warming air vents (convertible only), heated seats and a heated steering wheel.
- Driver Assistance: Comes with a rearview camera and front and rear parking sensors.
- Driver Assistance Plus: To the above adds blind-spot monitoring a surround-view camera and speed limit information.
- Dynamic Handling: Adds sport-tuned suspension and steering systems.
In addition to all that, there's a slate of individual options for your inspection, including upgraded brakes, a power rear sunshade, adaptive cruise control, a 16-speaker Harman Kardon sound system and an automated parallel parking system.