All BMW 740 come with a twin-turbocharged six-cylinder engine mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode.
Standard features include a heated steering wheel, navigation, a 16-speaker audio system, four-zone climate control, 16-speaker audio system with two subwoofers and adaptive headlights.
Buyers have a choice of wheelbase and drive type:
Despite being well-equipped in standard form, a 740 can still be customized with an array of option packages:
- Cold Weather Package includes heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, a wood steering wheel and a ski bag.
- Executive Package adds concierge services, soft-close automatic doors, Harman Kardon surround sound, Bang & Olufsen sound system, head-up display, multi-contour seats, front ventilated seats and power tailgate.
- Rear Entertainment Package includes rear-seat entertainment, iDrive touchpad and 6-disc CD changer.
- Driver Assistance Plus adds on an active driving assistant, active blind spot detection, side and top views cameras and speed limit information.
- BMW Individual Composition includes 20-inch alloy wheels, alcantara headliner, shadowline exterior trim, leather finish on the instrument panel, and options for Merino leather.
- M Sport Package includes gearshift paddles, an aerodynamic kit, anthracite alcantara headliner, an M steering wheel, 19-inch or 20-inch wheels and paint options.
Additional standalone options include parking assist, active front seats, and a Bang & Olufsen sound system.