Unlike the other 7 Series models, the 760 comes only with the long wheelbase, which adds approximately 5 inches to rear-seat leg room, and only with rear-wheel drive.
The engine is the largest and most powerful one of the 7 Series. This behemoth 6-liter V12 with twin turbochargers produces 535 horsepower and 550 pound-feet of torque. The eight-speed automatic transmission offers automatic and manual modes.
If the standard four-zone climate control system isn’t enough to keep everyone comfortable, all seats are power adjustable, heated and ventilated. The front seats even have a standard massage function and leather upholstery is the only kind offered. In the technology realm, a memory function extends to both front seats, the steering wheel and the outside rearview mirrors. Parking and driving assistants help you with parking, lane changes and backing up, and the Harman Kardon sound system features 12 speakers and a six-disc CD changer.
Two available packages provide additional upgrades to the 760’s already luxurious appointments:
- The Individual Composition package offers choices in interior and exterior trim including wheels, along with upgraded Merino leather upholstery with six color selections.
- The M Sport package gives the 760 a sportier appearance with an aerodynamic kit, special wheel selections, an M steering wheel and paddle shifters.
Among the 760’s stand-alone options are:
- Larger 20-inch light-alloy wheels, made available in response to customer requests for wheels more suited to rougher roads
- A Bang & Olufsen surround-sound system featuring 16 speakers
- A rear-seat DVD entertainment system
- Rear seats with the massage function that is standard in the front seats
- Active driving and parking assistant systems
- Night vision that improves pedestrian detection in low-light situations
Available dealer-installed accessories include a DVD system for tablets, iPad holders and a Blackberry snap-in adapter that holds your phone securely on the center console while also recharging it.