Designated as a hybrid-powered vehicle, the LS 600h L comes equipped with a powertrain that combines a 389-horsepower 5-liter V8 engine with two electric motors. The combined output of this system is 438 horsepower, enough to move this long-wheelbase sedan at a more than spritely pace. A continuously variable transmission and all-wheel drive are both standard and the only choices for those components.
Aside from selecting one of seven exterior colors and one of the seven combinations of leather upholstery and wood trims available for the interior, there are a couple of ways to personalize your sedan to reflect your needs.
Opting for the Executive-class Seating package changes the standard five-passenger configuration to a four-seat layout with an added console in the center of the rear seat. Some of the features available in this package include:
- A rear-seat entertainment system with a Blu-ray/DVD player, 9-inch screen and wireless headsets
- A rear-right-seat power recliner with an ottoman and a shiatsu massage function
- Rear audio and climate controls housed in the rear center console
- A retractable wood-trimmed table housed in the rear center console
- Four-zone climate control with infrared rear-passenger temperature sensor
- Leather-trimmed instrument panel and glovebox
This package differs slightly from the one of the same name for the LS 460 L in that some of that package’s options are included as standard equipment on the LS 600h L.
Lexus also offers an optional package of electronic safety systems. Called the Advance Pre-collision System package it includes:
- The advanced pre-collision system, which prepares for an imminent collision by tightening seat belts and prepares the brakes for sudden pressure. It also has the capability to detect a pedestrian or object ahead and apply the brakes.
- Dynamic cruise control, which uses radar to detect traffic speeds ahead and adjust your car’s speed accordingly and even brake if necessary. It then automatically resumes the set speed when traffic clears.
- Driver attention monitor that alerts drivers who are not looking ahead to any objects in front of the vehicle
- Lane-keeping assist that not only warns you if the vehicle drifts out of the lane, but helps steer the car back into your lane
- Infrared pedestrian-detection system to let you see pedestrians after dark