The CLA250 comes in only one model with luxury and sport options available as stand-alone choices or bundled into packages.
Power comes from a 2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 208 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. A seven-speed dual-clutch automatic offers drivers a choice of eco, sport or manual modes with steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters. A standard engine feature is a fuel-saving automatic stop/start function.
A key choice for CLA250 buyers is:
Major option packages include:
- Premium: This package adds a number of highly desirable upgrades such as dual-zone automatic climate control, heated front seats, media interface with a 5.8-inch screen, auto-dimming exterior mirrors, and a Harman/Kardon audio system with Sirius XM radio.
- Multimedia: Focused on electronic media, this package is only available in conjunction with the Premium package. Components include a rearview camera, a navigation system with a 7-inch display, an in-dash six-disc DVD/CD player with SD card reader, and music register and database. (The DVD player operates only when the transmission is in Park mode.)
- Interior: The Interior package adds leather seats, MB-Tex trim, and remote operation of all windows, including the sunroof. It is only available when the Premium package is also purchased.
- Driver Assistance: This bundle features technology-based systems that help prevent collisions by using adaptive cruise control, blind-spot monitors and lane-keeping systems.
- Sport: Designed to enhance the CLA250’s exterior, the Sport package adds sport body styling, chrome highlights in the distinctive diamond-block grille, 18-inch wheels, and perforated front brakes with painted calipers.
Some of the individual components of the packages are available on a stand-alone basis, such as the heated front seats and blind-spot monitoring. Additional stand-alone options are the panoramic sunroof, bi-xenon headlights, and parking assistance.
You've seen the CLA250 advertised with a base price under $30,000. While technically true, simply adding destination charges and a few options mean you should plan on paying a price that's at least in the mid-30s. Be careful when you choose options, because you can also pay much more than that.
Choose Your Mercedes-Benz CLA250 »