As the middle child in the SLK family, the 350 carries a 3.5-liter V6 with 302 horsepower, matched to a seven-speed automatic transmission. Mercedes claims a zero-to-60 mph time of 5.4 seconds with this setup.
More so than others in its class, the SLK focuses on comfort and convenience. Standard fare includes sun-reflective heated leather seats, aluminum interior trim, an 11-speaker Harman Kardon sound system with satellite radio, Bluetooth phone and audio, and neck-level warm air vents embedded in the seats—a feature Mercedes calls AirScarf. The SLK350 rolls on 18-inch alloy wheels.
You can add to the basic goodness of the roadster with a number of option packages:
- Dynamic Handling: Outfits the SLK350 with an adjustable suspension and beefier brakes.
- Sport: Includes AMG wheels, sportier styling touches and red interior lighting.
- Multimedia: Adds navigation, a larger in-dash touchscreen, voice controls, a six-CD changer and Mercedes-Benz's COMMAND electronics interface.
- Distronic Plus: Bundles adaptive cruise control with a sophisticated collision mitigation system known as PreSafe.
- Lighting: Adds adaptive bi-xenon headlamps with washers.
Popular individual options include wood interior trim, upgraded Nappa leather seats and Magic Sky Control, which electrically adjusts the tint on the glass roof.