The XC60 has three named trims, each with its own engine.
- The 3.2 trim features a 3.2-liter inline six-cylinder engine with a six-speed automatic transmission that includes a manual mode. Peak output is 240 horsepower and 236 pound-feet of torque. Front-wheel drive is standard but all-wheel drive is available. While the 3.2’s acceleration is adequate for most driving situations, it is among the slower engines in the small crossover class. Choose the 3.2, 3.2 Premier, 3.2 Premier Plus or 3.2 Platinum.
- If you’re looking for faster acceleration, the T6 gets to 60 mph in 7 seconds with its 3-liter turbocharged inline six. This more powerful engine produces 300 horsepower and 325 pound-feet of torque. The T6 also comes with a six-speed automatic transmission with manual mode and steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters, but all-wheel drive is now standard. Choose the T6, T6 Premier Plus or T6 Platinum.
- The top-level T6 R-Design is equipped with the same engine as the T6, but it is tweaked to produce 325 horsepower and 354 pound-feet of torque. Acceleration is boosted to a time of 6.2 seconds from zero to 60 mph. The six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters and all-wheel drive are standard. Choose the T6 R-Design, T6 R-Design Premier Plus or T6 R-Design Platinum.
All XC60 models come equipped with an array of standard features such as an infotainment system with eight speakers, Bluetooth, SiriusXM radio, and a 7-inch color screen. Other standard features include City Safety, a collision-avoidance system designed for use in city stop-and-go traffic, stability and traction control systems, and a power driver seat with memory.
Within each trim, a series of sub-trim packages let you add several popular options together in one bundle:
- The Premier level trim is only available for the 3.2. It offers an upgrade from cloth upholstery to leather, a panoramic sunroof, the customizable adaptive digital instrument display, a power-adjustable passenger seat and keyless start.
- The Premier Plus level includes all the items from the Premier level and adds a programmable power liftgate, a rearview camera and a fold-flat front passenger seat to extend cargo capacity.
- The Platinum level includes all the previous features and adds a navigation system with real-time traffic, a premium sound system and auto-dimming, power-folding exterior mirrors.
For the 3.2 and the T6, white and black are the standard exterior colors, with nine additional metallic or pearl paint schemes available.
The T6 R-Design is intended to appeal to driving enthusiasts who prefer a sportier look and feel. It includes sport seats upholstered with a choice of high-friction Nubuck or fine Nappa leather. R-Design badging appears in both interior and exterior trim. Red is the only standard exterior color and among the available optional colors Electric Silver Metallic is an R-Design exclusive. The R-Design also has 20-inch matte-black alloy wheels.
Several option packages address safety and comfort concerns. Both the Blind Spot Information System package and the Technology package include several systems designed to monitor traffic situations and provide warnings and assistance to the driver. The Climate package adds heat to seats, steering wheel and even the windshield, while the Inscription package, available for the T6 only, adds high-quality leather upholstery and trim as well as power lumbar support for the driver. Sport seats and 20-inch alloy wheels are available to the 3.2 and T6 models with the Sport package.
Additional technology and convenience features are offered as individual options:
- Blind-spot monitor and cross-traffic alert
- Remote engine start that includes automatic interior heating or cooling
- Integrated navigation system
- Portable navigation system that is easily mounted on the dash and includes pre-loaded maps and Bluetoooth with audio streaming as well as other features
- Internet connectivity with or without navigation
- Rear-seat entertainment system with dual screens and two DVD players
- Heated front seats
- Volvo’s integrated booster seats