The Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition has some great features, like touchscreen and full voice control, hard drive space for your music files and FM Traffic, though the maps are low resolution with a dated aesthetic. The trick new i-MID secondary display puts the most pertinent navigation, trip computer and media playback information in an easily viewable location at the top of the dash. Minivan shoppers should note that the Odyssey's available rear-seat entertainment system is the best around, featuring massive 16.2-inch screen and even an HDMI port for digital video playback, gaming and the like.
Navigation/Infotainment Package Specific to Manufacturer
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition
- i-MID (Intelligent Multi-Information Display)
- Honda offers standard and premium audio/infotainment systems across all of its model lines, with some systems featuring the brand-new secondary i-MID display on the instrument panel showing driver-selectable information like upcoming turns, trip computer and audio source info.
- Interface: Voice control (when equipped with navigation), hardware controls, touchscreen
- Speakers: Premium systems feature 6-10 speakers, larger models include subwoofers (no subwoofer on 2012 Civic).
- Available inputs: USB/iPod, auxiliary audio 3.5-mm
- Other features: Bluetooth A2DP streaming audio, Radio Data System (RDS), XM Satellite Radio
- Screens: Nav screen, i-MID, rear-seat entertainment systems
- DVD/Blu-Ray Capability: DVD with pull-down rear-seat entertainment system (CR-V, Odyssey, Pilot).
- Back Up Cameras: Standard or available on many models. New multi-mode rearview camera now standard on 2012 CR-V.
- Video game consoles supported: Major game consoles
- Input jacks: A/V, AC electrical outlet
- Mobile/Rolling hotspot: N/A
- Official Name: Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition
- Price Range: Approx. $2,200
- Interface: Voice recognition, touchscreen, hardware controls for common functions
- Features: Hard-drive-based with space for music files, fully integrated with audiovisual systems and i-MID, real-time traffic and weather, points of interest database
- Available On: All 2012 Honda models, higher trim levels only with some vehicles. Features vary by model.
- Dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags.
- 3-row side-curtain airbags (Pilot, Odyssey)
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink voice-controlled cellular calling integration standard on EX and above trim levels.