The Lexus Voice-Activated HDD Navigation system features real-time traffic with dynamic rerouting and text-to-speech for street name readouts, plus integration with a telematics system allowing remote sending of driving directions and much more. Paired with natural speech voice control, an innovative mouse-like input system uses a palm-sized controller that moves a cursor on the nav system screen, rather than the more-common rotary/toggle-style unit. For now Lexus is missing the in-car apps and cutting-edge connectivity introduced on Toyota's Entune system, though that will be remedied for 2013 when the first models get a Lexus-branded version of Entune.
Navigation/Infotainment Package Specific to Manufacturer
- Lexus Voice-Activated HDD Navigation
- Lexus will roll out new in-car connectivity features for the 2013 model year incorporating features from Toyota Entune.
- Lexus offers high-quality standard audio systems on all models, plus Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound systems.
- Interface: Voice control (with navigation), touchscreen, hardware buttons
- Speakers: Standard systems 6-13 speakers. Premium systems up to 19 speakers with 15-channel amplifier.
- Available inputs: Bluetooth A2DP streaming audio, USB/iPod, auxiliary audio 3.5-mm
- Other features: XM Satellite Radio. New-generation audio features coming on 2013 Lexus GS.
- Screens: Dual-screen rear seat entertainment system (RX, GX), Pull-down single-screen system (LX)
- DVD/Blu-Ray Capability: DVD
- Back Up Cameras: Available with or without navigation on most models.
- Video game consoles supported: Major consoles
- Input jacks: AC electrical outlet, separate A/V jacks for each screen
- Mobile/Rolling hotspot: N/A
- Official Name: Lexus Voice-Activated HDD Navigation
- Price Range: $2,465-$6,754 (Must be ordered with additional options on some models. Standard on higher trim levels, available as option on all trim levels.)
- Interface: Touchscreen, hardware buttons for common shortcuts, voice control using natural speech
- Features: Hard-drive-based system, NavTraffic with route redirect, NavWeather, sports and stocks
- Available On: All 2012 Lexus models, though features vary by model.
- Advanced Parking Guidance System automatically parallel parks or backs into a space.
- Lexus Enform with Safety Connect emergency telematics system
- Heads-up Display keeps pertinent information at eye level on windshield.
- All 2012 Lexus models come with standard Bluetooth handset integration and hands-free calling, though features will vary by model, navigation system and handset.