Hybrid cars are becoming very popular and a great way to get a deal on one is by purchasing a hybrid import. Hybrids are much more environmentally friendly and you can save a lot of gas money when using one. There are many models to choose from, as manufacturers are known for making luxury hybrid vehicles.
- Toyota Prius Import: The Toyota Prius was the first hybrid car and is still the most popular of all hybrids. This is the best selling hybrid car in the world and is one of the most fuel efficient cars. This car has a very roomy cabin and offers a quiet ride. The cargo area is large, with access through a hatchback. It is very safe and has a good resale value.
- Mercury Milan Hybrid: The Mercury Milan Hybrid has good fuel economy and is similar to another highly rated hybrid, the Ford Fusion Hybrid. The car has very responsive handling and is safe, with excellent crash test results. It is one of the more expensive hybrids and does not have the best cargo space, but otherwise it is an excellent choice.
- Honda Civic Hybrid: The Honda Civic Hybrid is a great car, as it has a very attractive design, gets great gas mileage, has a high quality finish, high resale value and is very reliable. This is a five passenger compact sedan that gets high marks from car ratings. The main difference between this and other hybrids is that the car cannot start moving unless the engine is on.
- Toyota Camry Hybrid: Toyota Camry has finally come out with a hybrid that is an excellent buy, and just like the normal Camry, it has a roomy interior. Toyota is known for making reliable cars and this hybrid is no different. The hybrid performance is very smooth and the car has a high resale value. The car actually accelerates better than the regular Camry, and is only a bit more expensive.
- Toyota Yaris Import: The Toyota Yaris hybrid was introduced in 2006 and is an excellent subcompact vehicle. This is a great car for urban areas as it is fast, small and can fit into any parking spot. This car is versatile, though not overly powerful, and can easily handle traffic.
- Mercedes-Benz S400 Hybrid: The Mercedes-Benz S400 hybrid is a more luxurious vehicle. This car is actually much lighter, inexpensive and fuel efficient than the normal Mercedes, and you still get all the class and elegance of the S-class vehicle. This car is rear wheel drive, but it is only a "light" hybrid as it cannot use the electric engine all on its own. The gas engine must be engaged at all times.
- Lexus HS: The Lexus HS has the best fuel economy for luxury hybrid cars. This is also the lowest priced of the luxury hybrids. It has an excellent crash rating and the power train smoothly transitions from the gas engine to the electric engine.