There is no way to determine the average cost of how much to import a car from Japan. The cost will vary greatly depending on the type of vehicle that is being imported. Importing a car from Japan is very expensive and difficult. In the majority of cases, these are cars popular with street racers and collectors. Imported cars tend to be expensive, and the cost of the paperwork and duties must be added to this total. The duty for bringing a Japanese car into the United States averages 2.5% of the value of the vehicle. If you are hoping to import a vehicle from Japan, plan on spending a significant amount of money and time.
How Much is the Average Cost to Import a Car from Japan?
- Why is there a Higher Duty Rate when You Import Trucks from Japan?
- Is the Car Junction of Japan the Most Used Company for Shipping Cars to the U.S.?
- 4 Most Popular Japanese SUV Import Options
- Are there any Fees to Import Used Cars from Japan?
- Japanese Imports: Common Questions about Japanese Import Cars