With a 25 year old, car insurance tends to decrease in price dramatically. However, it still may be cheaper to stay on your parents insurance policy. As long as a young adult lives in the same household as their parents, most insurance companies will allow them to stay on the parents policy. Guidelines and regulations vary by insurance company, so check with your insurance agent. It is also a good idea to check pricing on a separate policy without your parents, as prices do drop significantly after 25. When you move out of your parents house, it will be necessary to get your own policy.
Can a 25 Year Old Driver be on their Parents Car Insurance?
- Can I be Added to My Parent's Car Insurance Policy if the Car is in My Name?
- How Long Can I Use My Parent's Car Insurance Policy
- Tips for Getting Car Insurance for New Drivers
- Adding a Teen Driver to a Car Insurance Policy Can Increase Cost 50%
- The Best Car for 16 Year Olds: Insurance Rate Considerations for Teenagers