For those who may not be able to afford a new BMW, but want to have the opportunity to drive the Ultimate Driving Machine, a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle sold by BMW comes with the uncompromising standards and services of a brand new BMW, without the high entry price. Each BMW CPO vehicle must be in service for at least six months or have more than 6,000 miles, but no more than 60,000 miles on the odometer.
BMW Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to the stringent BMW quality regulations each BMW CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model BMW. BMW factory-trained technicians put every CPO vehicle through a rigorous inspection that includes performance, safety and wear. A BMW CPO vehicle must meet each and every standard and pass every test or it will be excluded from the CPO vehicle program.
A BMW CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Vehicle background and maintenance. This checks VIN, service interval indicator, condition-based service, vehicle maintenance history, non-BMW performance modifications, CARFAX Vehicle History Report, body repair history and instrument cluster.
- Wheel assembly. Tire, wheel and brake inspection and M-Mobility Kit.
- Body condition, fit and finish. Includes bumpers, core support, windows, mirrors, fenders, doors, roof, sunroof, convertible top, trunk, floor pan, spare wheel well, windshield, interior lights, keys, jack and trunk tools, weather seal, floor mats, trim, cup holders and glove box.
- Mechanical. Covers all aspects of maintenance including head and fog lights, door handles and locks, alarm, seatbelts, airbags, suspension components, bushings, steering, component mounts, exhaust system, belts, fluid levels and fluid leaks, battery voltage and diagnostic fault review.
- Stationary review. This portion of the inspection includes driver's seat and mirror functions, navigation system, windshield, computer, steering wheel, stalk controls, pedal and gearshift functions, parking brake, HVAC functions, electrical and audio functions and operation.
- Rolling review. Engine performance, transmission shifting, noise, cruise control, vehicle handling, steering wheel function and instrument gauge operation.
- Start your search for a Pre-Owned BMW >>
BMW takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and meticulous details are of the most importance.
BMW CPO Vehicle Warranty
A BMW CPO vehicle warranty is valid for 6-year/100,000 mile warranty with a $50 deductible. Normal repairs or replacements of components that fail under normal use due to defects in materials or merchandise, made under this warranty are of no cost to the buyer. The BMW CPO vehicle warranty also provides 24-hour, 365-day roadside assistance and emergency towing, call for assistance, personalized trip routing, lock-out service, trip interruption benefits, complimentary sign and drive and BMW emergency Valet service.
For a full list of components that are covered or excluded from the BMW CPO warranty, visit the company's warranty page.
Financing a BMW CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, BMW CPO vehicle financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rate. BMW stands behind its CPO vehicles; therefore CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates and longer terms as new car owners.
BMW offers an online Certified Pre-Owned Finance calculator for financing up to 60 months with no down payment (subject to approval) and two payment options.