If you are in the market for a Chevrolet, but cannot afford a brand new vehicle, you have the option of buying a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Chevrolet instead of buying a used car. While there are similarities between buying a used car and a CPO, the differences are significant.
For those who may not be able to afford a new Chevrolet, but want to be behind the wheel of a dependable, enduring vehicle, a CPO sold by Chevrolet comes with the uncompromised standards of a brand new Chevrolet. All Chevrolet CPO vehicles are less than six years old and have less than 50,000 miles and come with a 3-day/150 mile satisfaction guarantee.
Chevrolet Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to stringent Chevrolet impeccable quality regulations each Chevrolet CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Chevrolet. Chevrolet trained technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 117-point inspection and CARFAX Vehicle History Report review.
A Chevrolet CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Road Test-This test includes a Vehicle History Report, safety campaigns, owner's manual, seat belts, airbags, mirrors, lights and gauges, horn, engine operation and performance, automatic or manual shifting, traction control, braking system, steering and alignment, body and chassis integrity, transfer case, cruise control, windshield wipers, speedometer, odometer, tilt-wheel, telescoping, HVAC, and confirmed auto restart and stop for Cadillac Hybrids.
- Functional-Checks for interior and exterior lights and lamps, seats and child seating, doors and locks, alarm, keys, remote start, rear defogger, luggage compartment and spare tire and tools, convertible top or sun/moon roof (if applicable), all release knobs and handles, windows, parking brake, audio system, ONSTAR and navigation systems (if applicable) and options and accessories.
- Under the Hood-Covers all aspects of maintenance under the hood including all engine components, leaks, alternator, electrical system, distributor, radiator, fan, hoses, filters, power steering, fuel system and filter, vacuum and ignition systems, A/C compressor, all belts and overall engine condition.
- Under Vehicle-This portion of the check includes the frame, exhaust system, brake pads and shoes, calipers, rotors and drums, tires and wheels, struts, control arms, steering/linkage, axles, driveline, suspension system, gear and parking brake cable.
- Exterior-This includes bumpers, fenders, doors, grille, trunk, roof, all glass and wheels, wheel covers, trim rings and center caps.
- Interior-Instrument panel, all seats and head rests, upholstery and trim, console, glove compartment, floor mats, visors and luggage compartment including spare tire and tools.
- Maintenance-Lube and oil change, filter replacement, inspection of all filters, fluid replenishment, state and local emission and diagnostic codes and fuel tank fill-up.
- Interior and Exterior Detailing-A complete cleaning that includes upholstery, instrument panel, carpet, trunk, glass, exterior minor surface scratches, tar removal and a thorough wash and wax.
Chevrolet takes its CPO vehicle exhaustive inspections very seriously and minute details are of the most importance. If it is a Chevrolet Hybrid CPO, the battery, battery energy control module and starter/generator control module are inspected, in addition to the other points of CPO vehicle inspection.
Chevrolet CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Chevrolet CPO vehicle warranty is valid for 12-month/12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty from original date of service and a 5-year/100,000 mile Powertrain warranty with no deductible. Normal repairs or replacements of components that fail under normal use due to defects in materials or merchandise, made under this warranty are of no cost to the buyer. The Chevrolet CPO vehicle warranty also provides 24-hour roadside assistance and complimentary transportation and is transferable to subsequent owners.
For a list of vehicle warranty comparisons from the Chevrolet CPO warranty, visit: GM Certified | 12-Month/12,000 Mile Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty.
Financing a Chevrolet CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Chevrolet CPO vehicle financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rates. Chevrolet offers specials and incentives and hundreds of bank rate comparisons; therefore Chevrolet CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates and longer terms as new car owners. Chevrolet CPO vehicle financing also provides complimentary ONSTAR Safe and Sound and XM Satellite Radio for a three month trial offer.
GMAC offers an online Certified Pre-Owned Finance Affordability Calculator for Chevrolets at: GMAC Finance - Affordability Calculator for 12-60 months and a user-friendly, quick and easy finance approval application.