If you are in the market for a Chrysler, but cannot afford a brand new vehicle, you have the option of buying a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Chrysler instead of buying a used car. While there are similarities between buying a used car and a CPO, the differences are significant.
For those who may not be able to afford a new Chrysler, but want to be behind the wheel of a dependable, enduring vehicle, a CPO sold by Chrysler comes with the uncompromised standards of a brand new Chrysler. All Chrysler CPO vehicles are less than five model years old and have less than 65,000 miles and come with no frame damage, a clean title and a guarantee that any after market accessories have not compromised emissions, safety or the operation of the CPO.
Chrysler Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to stringent Chrysler impeccable quality regulations each Chrysler CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Chrysler. Expertly trained technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 125-point inspection, a reconditioning process with Authentic Mopar parts and CARFAX Vehicle History Report review.
A Chrysler CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Ownership Materials-Every Chrysler CPO comes is equipped with the owners and warranty manuals, CARFAX Report, operational key and a CPO Consumer Warranty Booklet.
- Mechanical Standards-A pre-road test and under the hood and operational checks, steering performance, equipment operation, Powertrain and braking performance, vehicle comfort assurance and a post-road test.
- Maintenance Standards-Inspects and/or changes all fluid levels, filters, hose replacement, front and rear brake component condition, identifying all non-Mopar accessories, tires and wheels, shocks, struts, CV boots, exhaust system, suspension, steering components and a StarScan diagnostic.
- Appearance Standards- Includes interior and exterior checks on body and door panels, bumpers, glass, truck bed and bed liner (if applicable), instrument panel, seating, carpet, floor mats and luggage compartment/trunk.
- Detail Standards-This portion of the inspection is for assurance of exterior and interior detailing to include a clean engine compartment, touch-ups (if necessary), wash, wax, removal of tar or bugs, and an overall interior cleaning that includes shampooing and vacuuming. It also assures that there are no leaks, odors or moisture.
Chrysler takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and if the vehicle does not pass any portion of the 125-point inspection, it will not be certified.
Chrysler CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Chrysler CPO vehicle warranty is valid for 3-month/3,000 mile non-transferable Maximum CareÂ® coverage with a $150 deductible. Chrysler also provides a transferable (one-time only) 6-year/80,000 mile Powertrain warranty and limited lifetime warranty upgrades. The limited warranty includes repair and replacement of driveline, engine and transmission-with some exclusions. The Chrysler CPO vehicle warranty also provides 24-hour roadside assistance and a car rental allowance.
For an explanation of Chrysler CPO vehicle warranty, visit: Powertrain Warranty - Chrysler,Dodge, & Jeep Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles.
Financing a Chrysler CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Chrysler CPO vehicle financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rates. Chrysler offers specials and incentives and bank rate comparisons; therefore Chrysler CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates and longer terms as new car owners.
Chrysler also provides easy 5-step Certified Pre-Owned financing at: Chrysler Financial - Home - Home for 12-60 months.