If you are in the market for a Honda, but cannot afford a brand new vehicle, you have the option of buying a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Honda instead of buying a used car. While there are similarities between buying a used car and a CPO, the differences are significant.
For those who may not be able to afford a new Honda, but want to be behind the wheel of a reliable, solid vehicle, a CPO sold by Honda comes with the uncompromised standards of a brand new Honda. All Honda CPO vehicles are less than six years old and have less than 80,000 miles.
Honda Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to the stringent Honda quality regulations each Honda CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Honda. Honda-trained and dealer technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 150-point inspection and a CARFAX Vehicle History Report review.
A Honda CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Exterior-Includes the grille, hood, bumpers, fenders, doors, glass, lights and flasher, tires and trunk lid.
- Interior-Includes audio and navigation systems, clock, console, upholstery, console, steering wheel, gauges, lights, airbags, mirrors, locks, headrests, moonroof (if applicable), headliners, glove compartment and windows.
- Under Hood-Include battery, alternator, starter, ignition system, radiator, timing belt, air filter, air conditioning and engine components.
- Under Body-This portion of the check includes the power steering, CV joints, exhaust system, engine, transmission, coolant, spare tire, tire safety and performance, wheels and rims, valve stem, struts and shocks, ball joint, tie rod end, braking system, rear drum and lining, rear-wheel cylinder and hydraulic hose/line.
- Road Test-This portion of the inspection checks for idle vibration, engine noise, acceleration, transmission/transaxle and CV joint/drive axle noise. It also includes a body/suspension, braking, steering, MT clutch, cruise control, speedometer, odometer, parking brake and horn check.
Honda CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Honda CPO vehicle Powertrain Limited Warranty is valid for 7-year/100,000 mile from the vehicle's original in-service date with no deductible. Non-Powertrain equipment coverage is for 12-months/12,000 miles from the original warranty expiration date or of from the CPO purchase date if the new car warranty has already expired.
A Honda Care Certified Additional Coverage service contract can be purchased with a CPO which includes concierge service, a personalized travel plan, rental car reimbursement benefits, towing and trip-interruption benefits.
For a full list of components (and additional details) that are covered or excluded from the Honda CPO warranty, visit: Honda Certified Used Cars - Certified Used Warranty Information.
Financing a Honda CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Honda CPO vehicle financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rate. Honda offers APR specials and incentives; therefore Honda CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates and longer terms as new car owners.
Honda offers an online Certified Pre-Owned Finance calculator for at: American Honda Finance Corporation dba Honda Financial Services for 24-60 months and a user-friendly, quick and easy finance application.