If you are in the market for a car, but cannot afford a brand new vehicle, you have the option of buying a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) car instead of buying a used-car. Though there are similarities between buying a used car and a CPO, however the differences are significant.
For those who may not be able to afford a new Hummer, but want to be behind the wheel of a large, rock solid vehicle with extensive brand cachet, a CPO sold by Hummer comes with the uncompromised standards of a brand new Hummer. All Hummer CPO vehicles are less than five years old and have less than 75,000 miles. Hummer offers a 3-day/150 mile customer satisfaction guarantee which is a money back or exchange guarantee.
Hummer Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to the rigorous Hummer quality regulations each Hummer CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Hummer. Hummer technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 117-point inspection and a CARFAX Vehicle History Report review.
A Hummer CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Road Test- This checks the vehicles history, safety campaigns, owners manual, seat belts, air bags, mirrors, lights, gauges, engine operation and performance, transmission, clutch, braking system, traction control, steering wheel and alignment, body and chassis integrity, HVAC, horn, speedometer and odometer, windshield wipers, cruise control and transfer case.
- Functional-Doors, locks, seats and child seating, interior and exterior lights, all knobs and release levers, windows, alarm system, navigation and audio system, ONSTAR (if applicable), keys, luggage compartment to include spare tire and tools, convertible or sunroof (if applicable) and options and accessories.
- Under Hood-Includes all engine components, leaks, electrical system, radiator, fan, hoses, filters, power steering, fuel, vacuum and ignition systems, A/C compressor and all belts.
- Under Vehicle-This portion of the check includes the frame, exhaust system, brake pads and shoes, calipers, rotors and drums, tires and wheels, struts, control arms, steering/linkage, axles, driveline, suspension system, gear and parking brake cable.
- Exterior-This includes bumpers, fenders, doors, grille, trunk, roof, all glass and wheels, wheel covers, trim rings and center caps.
- Interior-Instrument panel, all seats and head rests, upholstery and trim, console, glove compartment, floor mats, visors and luggage compartment including spare tire and tools.
- Maintenance-Lube and oil change, filter replacement, inspection of all filters, fluid replenishment, state and local emission and diagnostic codes and fuel tank fill-up.
- Interior and Exterior Detailing-A complete cleaning that includes upholstery, instrument panel, carpet, trunk, glass, exterior minor surface scratches, tar removal and a thorough wash and wax.
Hummer takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and minute details are of the most importance. In addition to the 117-point inspection, Hummer CPO vehicles undergo an extensive appearance inspection to assure that it rolls off the lot with the "like new" feeling.
Hummer CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Hummer CPO vehicle includes a comprehensive bumper-to-bumper warranty for six-years/100,000 from new vehicle delivery date and mileage. Beyond the new car warranty, Hummer CPO vehicles offer 24-hour emergency roadside service, trip interruption protection, trip-routing service and a 24-hour consumer relations hotline. The Hummer CPO vehicle warranty also provides complimentary ONSTAR Safe and Sound (for 2006 or newer Hummer) and XM Satellite Radio for a three month trial offer. Premium treatment and privileges are extended to Hummer CPO owners.
For a full list of components (and additional details) that are covered or excluded from the Hummer CPO warranty, visit: HUMMER | 2009 SUV Truck Models | 4x4 Trucks and click on "Program Details.
Financing a Hummer CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Hummer CPO vehicle financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rate. Hummer offers APR specials and incentives; therefore Hummer CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates and longer terms as new car owners.
GMAC offers an online Certified Pre-Owned Finance Affordability Calculator for GMC's at: GM Certified | Vehicle Affordability Calculator - Buying Used Car for 12-60 months and a user-friendly, quick and easy finance approval application.