If you are in the market for an Infiniti, but cannot afford a brand new vehicle, you have the option of buying a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Infiniti instead of buying a used car. While there are similarities between buying a used car and a CPO, the differences are significant.
For those who may not be able to afford a new Infiniti, but want to be behind the wheel of a reliable vehicle with brand cachet, a CPO sold by Infiniti comes with the uncompromised Total Ownership ExperienceÂ® of a brand new Infiniti. All Infiniti CPO vehicles are less than four years old and have less than 60,000 miles.
Infiniti Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to the rigorous Infiniti quality regulations each Infiniti CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Infiniti. Infiniti technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 145-point analysis and a Title Guard + Plus review.
An Infiniti CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Road Test- This checks the vehicles history, safety campaigns, owners manual, seat belts, air bags, mirrors, lights, gauges, engine operation and performance, transmission, clutch, braking system, traction control, steering wheel and alignment, body and chassis integrity, HVAC, horn, speedometer and odometer, windshield wipers, cruise control and transfer case.
- Functional-Doors, locks, seats and child seating, interior and exterior lights, all knobs and release levers, windows, alarm system, navigation and audio system, ONSTAR (if applicable), keys, luggage compartment to include spare tire and tools, convertible or sunroof (if applicable) and options and accessories.
- Under Hood-Includes all engine components, leaks, electrical system, radiator, fan, hoses, filters, power steering, fuel, vacuum and ignition systems, A/C compressor and all belts.
- Under Vehicle-This portion of the check includes the frame, exhaust system, brake pads and shoes, calipers, rotors and drums, tires and wheels, struts, control arms, steering/linkage, axles, driveline, suspension system, gear and parking brake cable.
- Exterior-This includes bumpers, fenders, doors, grille, trunk, roof, all glass and wheels, wheel covers, trim rings and center caps.
- Interior-Instrument panel, all seats and head rests, upholstery and trim, console, glove compartment, floor mats, visors and luggage compartment including spare tire and tools.
- Maintenance-Lube and oil change, filter replacement, inspection of all filters, fluid replenishment, state and local emission and diagnostic codes and fuel tank fill-up.
- Interior and Exterior Detailing-A complete cleaning that includes upholstery, instrument panel, carpet, trunk, glass, exterior minor surface scratches, tar removal and a thorough wash and wax.
Infiniti takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and minute details are of the most importance.
Infiniti CPO Vehicle Warranty
An Infiniti CPO vehicle Limited Warranty is valid for 72-months/100,000 miles (inclusive of Powertrain coverage) with $50 deductible and unlimited claims. Beyond the new car warranty, Infiniti provides for the cost of genuine Infiniti OEM replacement parts, 24-hour roadside assistance, trip interruption benefits and a service loan car. Infiniti also offers additional transferable warranty coverage worth a $0 deductible and expanded roadside assistance.
For a full list of components (and additional details) that are covered or excluded from the Infiniti CPO warranty, visit: Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Warranty - Infiniti USA.
Financing an Infiniti CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Infiniti CPO vehicle financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rate. Infiniti offers APR specials and incentives; therefore Infiniti CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates and longer terms as new car owners.
Infiniti offers an online car financing guide for Infiniti's at: http://www.infinitiusa.com/pdf/financing/Car_Financing_IFS.pdf.