If you are in the market for a car, but cannot afford a brand new vehicle, you have the option of buying a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) car instead of buying a used-car. Though there are similarities between buying a used car and a CPO, however the differences are significant.
For those who may not be able to afford a new Jaguar, but want to be behind the wheel of a sophisticated, pristine and luxurious vehicle with proven brand cachet, a CPO sold by Jaguar comes with the uncompromised standards of a brand new Jaguar. All Jaguar CPO vehicles are less than five years old and have less than 60,000 miles. A Jaguar CPO will not pass inspection if has been identified as having frame damage, is a reacquired vehicle, was not built in the US or has unknown mileage.
Jaguar Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to the rigorous Jaguar quality regulations, each Jaguar CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Jaguar. Jaguar trained technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 140-point mechanical and cosmetic inspection and a CARFAX Vehicle History Report.
A Jaguar CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Preliminary and General- This checks the vehicles history, recalls and campaigns performed and conducts the next scheduled service performed if within 2,500 miles or 3 months of next needed service. It also checks for the owner's manual and Passport to Service and all vehicle keys and transmitters.
- Exterior-This includes VIN authentication, lamps, body and paint, convertible top (if applicable), windshield, wipers, doors, fuel filler and cap, windows, bumper, grill, trim and molding condition.
- Luggage Area-Checks the spare tire, tool kit, manual fuel lid release, CD magazine (if applicable), trim and carpet condition, convertible top condition and trunk lid.
- Engine Area-This portion of the check includes the hood releases and locks, transmission system, fluid levels, transfer case, power steering system, cooling system, brakes, clutch, all filters, wires, vacuum hoses, engine vacuum and compression, emissions, noise, drive belts, fuel pump, lines and hoses.
- Interior-This includes the condition of the wood, leather and carpets, glove compartment, console, ashtray, sun visor, airbag, dashboard lights, child safety door latches, seat belts, tilt/telescopic steering column, rear window shades, mirrors, door handles and all trim.
- Electrical Systems-This checks the stored engine, transmission and brake system codes, interior lamps, vanity, sunroof, window and central locking operations, seat adjustments, clock, lighter/power outlet, horn, wipers, washer jets, instrument panel warning lamps, windshield, blower motor, door, trunk and hood lamps, radio, cassette and CD Operation, speakers, battery, starter and alarm system.
- Heating/Air Conditioning Systems-Operation in manual and automatic modes, air distribution, recirculation and temperature.
- Undercarriage & Drivetrain-This checks the body frame, suspension, shocks and struts, steering rack, fluid leaks, engine and transmission mounts, brake lines, pads, disks and calipers, exhaust system, catalytic converter, bearings, wheels and tires and Universal CV joints and boots.
- Road Test-Includes engine start-up and performance, gauges, fluid leaks, trip computer, cruise control, transmission shift, noise levels and vibration, alignment, handling and stability, brakes, safety features, heating and AC and navigation and Voice Activation system (if fitted).
Jaguar takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and minute details are of the most importance.
Jaguar CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Jaguar CPO vehicle factory-backed Limited Warranty is valid for 6-year/100,000 miles from the date of original purchase with a $0 deductible. Beyond the new car warranty, Jaguar provides complimentary 24-hour roadside assistance and a transferable warranty.
For a full explanation of Jaguar CPO warranty, visit: Used Jaguars, Pre-Owned Jaguars, Certified Pre-Owned Jaguars for Sale.
Financing a Jaguar CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Jaguar CPO vehicle financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rates. Jaguar offers special low Select Edition pre-owned Jaguar financing; therefore Jaguar CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates and longer terms as new car owners.
Jaguar offers an online car financing guide for Jaguar CPO's at: Used Jaguars, Pre-Owned Jaguars, Certified Pre-Owned Jaguars for Sale.