If you are in the market for a Jeep, but cannot afford a brand new vehicle, you have the option of buying a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Jeep instead of buying a used car. While there are similarities between buying a used car and a CPO, the differences are significant.
For those who may not be able to afford a new Jeep, but want to be behind the wheel of a dependable, sporty vehicle, a CPO sold by Jeep comes with the uncompromised standards of a brand new Jeep. All Jeep CPO vehicles are less than five model years old and have less than 65,000 miles and come with no frame damage, a clean title and a guarantee that any after market accessories have not compromised emissions, safety or the operation of the CPO.
Jeep Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to stringent Jeep impeccable quality regulations each Jeep CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Jeep. Expertly trained technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 125-point inspection, a reconditioning process with Authentic Mopar parts and CARFAX Vehicle History Report review.
A Jeep CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Ownership Materials-Every Jeep CPO comes is equipped with the owners and warranty manuals, CARFAX Report, operational key and a CPO Consumer Warranty Booklet.
- Mechanical Standards-A pre-road test and under the hood and operational checks, steering performance, equipment operation, Powertrain and braking performance, vehicle comfort assurance and a post-road test.
- Maintenance Standards-Inspects and/or changes all fluid levels, filters, hose replacement, front and rear brake component condition, identifying all non-Mopar accessories, tires and wheels, shocks, struts, CV boots, exhaust system, suspension, steering components and a StarScan diagnostic.
- Appearance Standards- Includes interior and exterior checks on body and door panels, bumpers, glass, removable convertible top, instrument panel, seating, carpet, floor mats and luggage compartment.
- Detail Standards-This portion of the inspection is for assurance of exterior and interior detailing to include a clean engine compartment, touch-ups (if necessary), wash, wax, removal of tar or bugs, and an overall interior cleaning that includes shampooing and vacuuming. It also assures that there are no leaks, odors or moisture.
Jeep takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and if the vehicle does not pass any portion of the 125-point inspection, it will not be certified.
Jeep CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Jeep CPO vehicle warranty is valid for 3-month/3,000 mile non-transferable Maximum CareÂ® coverage with a $150 deductible. Jeep also provides a transferable (one-time only) 6-year/80,000 mile Powertrain warranty and limited lifetime warranty upgrades. The limited warranty includes repair and replacement of driveline, engine and transmission-with some exclusions. The Jeep CPO vehicle warranty also provides 24-hour roadside assistance and a car rental allowance.
For an explanation of Chrysler/Jeep CPO vehicle warranty, visit: Powertrain Warranty - Chrysler, Dodge, & Jeep Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles
Financing a Jeep CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Jeep CPO vehicle financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rates. Jeep offers specials and incentives and bank rate comparisons; therefore Jeep CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates and longer terms as new car owners.
Chrysler/Jeep also provides easy 5-step Certified Pre-Owned financing at: Chrysler Financial - Home for 12-60 months.