Lexus refers to its pre-owned certified (CPO) program as L/Certified. Cars that meet the manufacturer's rigorous standards qualify for a warranty that lasts for three years from the date of CPO purchase or up to 100,000 total vehicle miles, whichever comes first.
Lexus Certification Standards and Inspection
Any Lexus offered for sale with an L/Certified warranty has passed a 161-point inspection that begins with a review of its Carfax history. Technicians then exhaustively examine the car's cosmetic and mechanical condition, and perform a road test to identify any problems.
Lexus takes its vehicle inspections seriously -- even a minor blemish can disqualify a car from the L/Certified program.
Lexus CPO Vehicle Warranty
An L/Certified warranty lasts for three years from the date of CPO purchase or up to 100,000 total vehicle miles, whichever comes first, and provides the same level of coverage and privileges received by Lexus's new-car buyers. There is no deductible or cost for repairs made under the L/Certified warranty.
Except for excluded components, the warranty covers any repair or replacement of components that fail under normal use due to a defect in materials or workmanship, such as: engine, transmission, steering, brakes (excluding rotors and pads), fuel system, cooling, A/C and heating systems, electrical, and restraint systems.
Also included with the warranty are:
- Roadside assistance that can be accessed through a dedicated Lexus app.
- Reimbursement for trip interruptions caused by mechanical difficulty in the continental United States and Alaska: $200 per night for meals and lodging (three nights maximum) and $50 per day for a rental car (five days maximum) while repairs are being performed on your car.
- A loaner car that may be provided free of charge if a warrantable repair at the dealership requires more than eight hours to perform.
Other benefits include:
- Access to maintenance information at any Lexus dealership.
- Complimentary car washes.
- A free initial oil and filter change.
- Special offers through Lexus's partnerships with world-class resorts, wineries and sporting venues.
Lexus CPO Vehicle Warranty Exclusions
The L/Certified warranty does not cover standard upkeep items, wear and tear items, some parts of body and interior, accessories, and some other components. For a full list of components that aren't covered by the Lexus L/Certified vehicle warranty and a detailed explanation of the warranty, visit the Lexus warranty page.
Financing a Lexus CPO Vehicle
Most lenders typically offer higher interest rates and shorter terms on CPO cars, but Lexus is often able to give its L/Certified buyers more advantageous rates and terms. To learn more, speak with your dealer or call Lexus Financial Services at 800-874-7050.