For those who may not be able to afford a new Mazda, but want to be behind the wheel of a time-honored vehicle with proven brand cachet, a CPO sold by Mazda comes with the uncompromised standards of a brand new Mazda.
Mazda Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to the stringent Mazda quality regulations, each Mazda CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Mazda. Mazda trained technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 150-point mechanical and cosmetic inspection and a CARFAX Vehicle History Report.
A Mazda CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Manuals, Documentation and Recalls- This checks the vehicles history, owner's and warranty manual, emissions, VIN verification, service history and recalls (if applicable).
- Test Drive-This check take 10-15 minutes and checks the engine, transmission, steering and brakes for drivability and smoothness. It also checks cruise control, speedometer, tachometer, navigation system, turn signals and for any squeaks or rattles.
- Under the Hood-This includes checking for trouble codes, filters, all fluids, wiper blades, belts, oil leaks, ducts, brackets, compression, brake master cylinder, power steering, engine coolant, air conditioning and heating and the battery.
- Raise Vehicle on Hoist-This checks the tires, brakes, suspension, drive train, frame and underbody.
- Lower Vehicle-This includes body electronics, windows, doors, locks, sunroof (if applicable), all audio and alarm systems , interior and exterior lighting, vehicle exterior including mirrors, bumpers, windshield, truck bed liner (if applicable), tailgate and hood, vehicle interior including storage compartments, ashtrays, seats, carpet, floor mats, headrests, seat belts and other safety devices and all releases.
- Find A Pre-Owned Mazda Near You >>
Mazda takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and minute details are of the most importance.
Mazda CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Mazda CPO vehicle Powertrain Limited Warranty is valid for 7-year/100,000 miles from the original in-service date with a $0 deductible. Additional Limited Warranty covers the vehicle for 3-months/3,000 miles. Beyond the new car warranty, Jaguar provides complimentary 24-hour roadside assistance and a transferable warranty.
For a full explanation of Mazda CPO warranty, visit: http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pdf/cpo/cpo_warranty_components.pdf.
Financing a Mazda CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Mazda CPO vehicle financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rates. Mazda offers special financing offers; therefore Mazda CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates and longer terms as new car owners.
Mazda offers an online car financing guide and a payment estimate calculator for Mazda CPO's at: Mazda USA | Shopping Tools.