For those who may not be able to afford a new Mercedes-Benz, but want to be behind the wheel of a sophisticated, pristine and luxurious vehicle with proven brand cachet, a CPO sold by Mercedes-Benz comes with the uncompromised standards of a brand new Mercedes-Benz.
Mercedes-Benz Certification Standards and Inspection
In addition to the rigorous Mercedes-Benz quality regulations, each Mercedes-Benz CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Mercedes-Benz. Mercedes-Benz trained technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 162-point mechanical and cosmetic inspection and a CARFAX Vehicle History Report.
A Mercedes-Benz CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Road test. This checks the speedometer, odometer, steering, braking system, automatic climate and cruise control, navigation, Distronic (if applicable), engine performance, exhaust, vibration and noise levels, transmission and shift lock.
- Undercarriage and drivetrain. Drive shaft, couplings, exhaust system, braking system, tires and wheels, shocks and struts, suspension, axle, steering system and cigarette lighter.
- General inspection. This check includes frame inspection, mileage and history verification, Owner's and Warranty Manuals, spare keys, radio code, labels, telematic components (if applicable) and a diagnostic.
- Engine compartment. Checks all fluids, transfer case, battery condition and throttle linkages.
- Engine components. This check involves all emission control systems, fuel filter, spark plugs, compression test, fuel injection and pre-glow systems, injection pump timing, vacuum pump, boost pressure, air cleaner and filter, V belts, engine mounts, dust, active charcoal or recirculation filter (if applicable) and A/C refrigerant charge system.
- Chassis and body. Checks the vehicles body structure, all glass and lamps, lock system, alarm system, windows, interior trim, first aid kit, seats, seat belts, armrest, sun visors, mirrors, headrests, Parktronic (if applicable), soft or hard top (if applicable), doors, trunk, release handles, tailgate (if applicable) and sliding roof and drain function.
- Post-road test. Visible fluid leak inspection and all fluid levels.
- Electrical system. Checks fuses, instruments, mirrors, all audio systems, antenna, lighter, all switches, steering column, seat adjustments and controls, seat belts and back rests, rear window defroster, horn, head lamp, Voice Control systems (if applicable), roof function, lights and windshield wiper system.
- Appearance. This portion of the inspection includes an engine wash and vehicle vacuum and shampoo, and checks for mats and carpet, paint, spare tire, tools and jack, moisture and odor, upholstery, door panels, interior and exterior trim, knobs, vents, glass, mirrors, ashtray, grille, badges, wipers, bumpers and wheels. This also includes a complete wash and wax.
- Find A Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz Near You >>
Mercedes-Benz takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and minute details are of the most importance.
Mercedes-Benz CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Mercedes-Benz CPO vehicle private-party, transferable Limited Warranty is valid for 12-months/100,000 total accumulated miles with a $0 deductible. Beyond the new car warranty, Mercedes-Benz provides complimentary 24-hour roadside assistance, Sign and Drive service and trip interruption and routing assistance.
For a full explanation of Mercedes-Benz CPO warranty, visit the company's Warranty Info page.
Financing a Mercedes-Benz CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Mercedes-Benz CPO vehicle financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rates. Mercedes-Benz offers Mercedes-Benz financing; therefore Mercedes-Benz CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates and longer terms as new car owners.
Mercedes-Benz offers an online car financing guide for Mercedes-Benz CPO's at: Mercedes-Benz Financial.