For those who may not be able to afford a new Porsche, but want to be behind the wheel of a reliable, sporty vehicle with serious brand cachet, a CPO sold by Porsche comes with the uncompromised standards of a brand new Porsche. All Porsche CPO vehicles are less than eight model years old and have less than 100,000 miles.
Porsche Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to the stringent Porsche quality regulations each Porsche CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Porsche. Porsche technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 110 +-point mechanical and cosmetic inspection and a CARFAX Vehicle History Report review.
A Porsche CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Road Test- This checks the vehicles history, safety campaigns, owners manual, seat belts, air bags, mirrors, lights, gauges, engine operation and performance, transmission, clutch, braking system, traction control, steering wheel and alignment, body and chassis integrity, HVAC, horn, speedometer and odometer, windshield wipers, cruise control and transfer case.
- Functional-Doors, locks, seats and child seating, interior and exterior lights, all knobs and release levers, windows, alarm system, navigation and audio system, ONSTAR (if applicable), keys, luggage compartment to include spare tire and tools, convertible or sunroof (if applicable) and options and accessories.
- Under Hood-Includes all engine components, leaks, electrical system, radiator, fan, hoses, filters, power steering, fuel, vacuum and ignition systems, A/C compressor and all belts.
- Under Vehicle-This portion of the check includes the frame, exhaust system, brake pads and shoes, calipers, rotors and drums, tires and wheels, struts, control arms, steering/linkage, axles, driveline, suspension system, gear and parking brake cable.
- Exterior-This includes bumpers, fenders, doors, grille, trunk, roof, all glass and wheels, wheel covers, trim rings and center caps.
- Interior-Instrument panel, all seats and head rests, glove compartment, upholstery and trim, console, floor mats, visors and luggage compartment including spare tire and tools.
- Maintenance-Lube and oil change, filter replacement, inspection of all filters, fluid replenishment, state and local emission and diagnostic codes and fuel tank fill-up.
- Interior and Exterior Detailing-A complete cleaning that includes upholstery, instrument panel, carpet, trunk, glass, exterior minor surface scratches, tar removal and a thorough wash and wax.
- Find A Pre-Owned Porsche Near You >>
Porsche takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and minute details are of the most importance.
Porsche CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Porsche CPO vehicle Powertrain Limited Warranty is valid for 6-year/100,000 miles for 2 years from the date of sale for vehicles outside of the new car limit warranty with no deductible. Beyond the new car warranty, Porsche offers roadside assistance for added security.
If the Porsche CPO vehicle is purchased outside of the new car warranty, Porsche offers a 2-year/100,000 mile warranty.
For a full list of components (and additional details) that are covered or excluded from the Porsche CPO warranty, visit: 02 Warranty - Porsche Approved - Pre-owned Vehicles - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
Financing a Porsche CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Porsche CPO vehicle standard financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rate. Porsche also offers Porsche Classics retail financing for Porsche models that are over 10 years old; therefore Porsche CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates for up to 84 months with a minimal or no down payment for qualified participants.
Porsche offers an online Payment Estimator for Porsche at: Retail Financing - Porsche Financial Services - Personalization and Service - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.