For those who may not be able to afford a new Subaru, but want to be behind the wheel of a reliable, solid vehicle, a CPO sold by Subaru comes with the uncompromised standards of a brand new Subaru. All Subaru CPO vehicles are less than five model years old and have less than 80,000 miles.
Subaru Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to the stringent Subaru quality regulations each Subaru CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Subaru. Subaru trained technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 162-point mechanical and cosmetic inspection and a CARFAX Vehicle History Report review.
A Subaru CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Under the Hood-This includes checking the hood and latch operation, radiator, hoses, clamps, all filters and belts, oil and all other fluids, battery, specific gravity, electrolyte level, load test, spare tire, tool kit and jack and replacement of wiper blades.
- Interior-This portion of the inspection checks the keys, dash lights and controls, rear defogger, windshield wipers, headlights, flashers, reverse lock out, shift, brakes, clutch, seat belts, cold weather package operation, release handles, lighter and ashtray, DTC, steering column, horn and DCCD display and manual operation mode.
- Exterior-Checks fog, parking, license plate, brake, high mount, tail, reverse and all front lamps, turn signals and fuel cap operation.
- In Vehicle/Ignition On-This inspects the indicator and brake lamps, remote mirror operation, airbags, clock, steering lock, all seat adjustments, windows, sunroof operation, locks, map and dome lights and radio.
- Outside Vehicle with Key-Checks rear defogger, door locks and closing operation, rear seat belts, security system, child safety features and door entry lights.
- Vehicle on Lift-This checks tire pressure and tread depth, wheels and wheel covers, brakes, rotors, calipers, cylinders, axle seals, lug nut torque, fluid leaks, exhaust system, steering linkage, struts, axles, bolts, bushings, rear differential and other fluid leaks.
- Vehicle Lowered-Includes engine and transmission performance, clutch operation, steering wheel alignment, wheel balance, brake operation, all gauges, cruise control, vent, heater, A/C, hill holder operation, checks for noises and vibrations, emissions, re-check all fluids, leaks, fans, instrument panel, sun visors, panels, upholstery and trim, glove compartment, carpet and mats, console, cup holders, arm rest, trunk and cargo area, bumpers, hood, sills and jambs, roof, tailgate and all glass.
- Find A Pre-Owned Subaru Near You >>
Subaru takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and minute details are of the most importance.
Subaru CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Subaru CPO vehicle Powertrain Warranty is valid for 6-years/100,000 miles with a $0 deductible. Subaru also offers courtesy Roadside Assistance for added security. All Subaru CPO vehicles are eligible for a Classic or Gold Plus plan with a $0, $50 or $100 deductible for an addition upgrade cost.
For a full list of components (and additional details) that are covered or excluded from the Subaru CPO warranty, visit: Subaru Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles.
Financing a Subaru CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Subaru CPO vehicle standard financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rate. Subaru also offers APR special offers; therefore Subaru CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates as new car buyers.
Subaru offers online financial services and a calculator at: Subaru Payments and Financing Options | Subaru Research Tools.