If you would like to get behind the wheel of a reliable vehicle with a proven track record, a Certified Pre Owned vehicle sold by Toyota comes with the uncompromising standards of a brand new Toyota at a substantially discounted price. All Toyota CPO vehicles are less than six model years old and have less than 85,000 miles.
Toyota Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to the stringent Toyota quality regulations each Toyota CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Toyota. Toyota trained technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 160-point mechanical, cosmetic and Quality Assurance Inspection and a CARFAX Vehicle History Report review.
A Toyota CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Vehicle History-CARFAX Vehicle History Report.
- Emissions and State Inspection-Emissions test and state inspection if required.
- Frame, Structure & Underbody-This checks the frame, body surface, panel alignment, lower body and exhaust systems and hangers.
- Engine Compartment-This includes an oil change and filter replacement and inspects for fuel leaks. This portion of the inspection also includes checks on idling, noise, throttle, drivability, temperatures, fans, vibrations, belts and hoses, engine mount, cleanliness, filters and all fluid levels.
- Battery System-This inspects all battery components and cables.
- Engine Coolant & HVAC System-Checks all aspects of the vehicle's heating and cooling systems.
- Braking System-Inspects brakes, calipers, lines, hoses, ABS operation, parking brake, rotors, drums, brake pedal and brake and shoes.
- Transmission/Transaxle-This checks for smooth operation of transmission, clutch and differential.
- Steering System-Inspects all aspects of steering system including the steering wheel and column and rack, linkage, bushings, control arms and dust boots.
- Tire & Suspension System-Inspects tires, wheels, struts, shocks and CV boots and joints.
- Lighting System-Involves checking all vehicle lights including warning, headlamp, tail, brake, side marker, backup, license plate, heater, dash, turn signal, flasher, and defogger and dome/courtesy lights.
- Instrument Panel & Electronic Systems-Checks for keys, all gauges, horn, airbags, speedometer and odometer, cruise control, clock, wiper system, wiper blades, mirrors, windows and seating adjustments.
- Audio & Alarm Systems-Inspects all audio and alarms system equipment.
- Interior Condition & Appearance-Inspects mirrors, window tinting, lighter, ashtray, upholstery, floor mats, carpets, trim, cup holders, doors, locks, seats, headrests, seatbelts, remote releases, cleanliness and glove compartment.
- Exterior Condition & Appearance-Checks cleanliness, glass, mirrors, bumpers, dents, dings, paint, latches and aftermarket items.
- Trunk Compartment & Spare-Inspects trunk lights, trim, jacks, tools, spare tire and cleanliness.
- Additional Items (where applicable)-Checks fade-away dome lights, sunroof, radio security code and rear bumper.
- Find A Pre-Owned Toyota Near You >>
Toyota takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and minute details are of the most importance. If you purchase a Toyota Hybrid, it will have under gone a 174-point Quality Assurance Inspection.
Toyota CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Toyota CPO vehicle Limited Powertrain Warranty is valid for 7-year/100,000 miles from the original date of purchase. Beyond the Powertrain Warranty, Toyota offers a 3-month/3,000 mile comprehensive warranty with a $50 deductible and Roadside Assistance, travel protection and substitute transportation for added security.
For a full list of components (and additional details) that are covered or excluded from the Toyota CPO warranty, visit: http://www.toyotacertified.com/warranty.html.
Financing a Toyota CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Toyota CPO vehicle standard financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rate. Toyota also offers payment options and special offers; therefore Toyota CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates as new car buyers.
Toyota offers online financial services at: Toyota Financial Services: Resource Center Home.