For those who may not be able to afford a brand new Volkswagen vehicle, but want to get behind the wheel of a reliable, solid vehicle, a certified pre owned vehicle sold by Volkswagen comes with the uncompromising standards of a brand new Volkswagen. All Volkswagen CPO vehicles are less than five model years old and have less than 75,000 miles.
Volkswagen Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to the stringent Volkswagen quality regulations each Volkswagen Certified Pre Owned is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Volkswagen. Volkswagen trained technicians put every CPO vehicle through a "brutal" 112-point mechanical and cosmetic inspection and a CARFAX Vehicle History Report review.
A Volkswagen CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Initial Qualification-This checks the vehicle's history and books, keys, integrity, structural and weather damage, odometer, after market equipment, maintenance record, CD changer, paint and overall condition.
- Road Test-This includes engine, automatic or manual transmission, shift lock, differential, clutch, steering, suspension, brakes, radio, wipers, cruise control, noise levels and hot start and idle.
- After Road Test-Checks cooling system, alternator, battery cables, ignition wires, electrical system, V-belts, A/C compressor, cooling fan and all fluid levels.
- Exterior-This inspects dents, turn signals, flashers, antenna, all lights, trunk, rear hatch, tools, jack, Cabrio top, keys, doors, windows and alarm system.
- Interior-Checks steering wheel, window operation, console, seats, headrests, seat belts, airbags, mirrors, sunroof, interior lights, locks, upholstery, carpet, mats, door panels, head liner, onboard systems, readiness code and ATF fluid.
- Underbody-This checks wheels, tires, transmission, CV joints and boots, axles, suspensions, control arms, bushings, engine, shocks, struts, braking system, calipers, steering rack, exhaust system, hoses and hydraulic pump.
- Dashboard-Includes A/C system, heater, speedometer, horn, audio system, odometer, speakers, wipers, chimes, clock, glove box, instrument lights, lighter, ignition switch and warning lights.
- Find A Pre-Owned Volkswagen Near You >>
Volkswagen takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and minute details are of the most importance.
Volkswagen CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Volkswagen CPO vehicle Comprehensive Warranty is valid for 24-months/24,000 miles from original in-service date with a $0 deductible. Volkswagen also honors any existing warranties and offers courtesy roadside assistance for added security.
For a full list of components (and additional details) that are covered or excluded from the Volkswagen CPO warranty, visit: Certified Pre-Loved Warranty.
Financing a Volkswagen CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Volkswagen CPO vehicle standard financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rate. Volkswagen also offers APR special offers; therefore Volkswagen CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates as new car buyers.
Volkswagen offers online financial services and first-time buyer programs at: Volkswagen Credit.