For those who may not be able to afford a new Volvo, but want to be behind the wheel of a reliable, solid vehicle, a Certified Pre Owned vehicle sold by Volvo comes with the uncompromised standards of a brand new Volvo. All Volvo CPO vehicles are less than five model years old and have less than 80,000 miles.
Volvo Certification Standards & Inspection
In addition to the stringent Volvo quality regulations each Volvo CPO is guaranteed to be a well-maintained, late-model Volvo. Volvo trained technicians put every CPO vehicle through a 130 +-point mechanical and cosmetic inspection and a CARFAX Vehicle History Report review.
A Volvo CPO vehicle inspection includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
- VIN Inspection and Interior Accessories-This checks the vehicle's history and books, keys, service campaign, scheduled maintenance, radio code cards, Owner's manual, Volvo warranty info and maintenance booklets. If the maintenance records are not available, Volvo will change the oil, filters, flame, trap and plugs.
- Road Test-This includes engine, automatic or manual transmission, shift lock, differential, clutch, steering, suspension, brakes, radio, wipers, cruise control, noise levels and hot start and idle.
- Exterior-This inspects dents, turn signals, flashers, antenna, all lights, trunk, rear hatch, tools, jack, keys, doors, interior trim, carpet, mats, visors, luggage compartment, tools, jack, seats, sunroof, upholstery, panels, frame, bumpers, hood, grille, roof rack, windows and alarm system.
- Powertrain-Checks leaks, timing belt, fluids, belts, hoses, wiring, engine mounts, cooling system, radiator, fuel, electrical and exhaust systems, transmission, fans and recovery tank.
- Safety-This checks brakes, windows, locks, air bags, seat belts, glass, mirrors, exterior lights and tires and wheels.
- Find A Pre-Owned Volvo Near You >>
Volvo takes its CPO vehicle inspections very seriously and minute details are of the most importance.
Volvo CPO Vehicle Warranty
A Volvo CPO vehicle Comprehensive Warranty is valid for 72-months/100,000 miles from original in-service date with a $0 deductible. Volvo also offers extended Total CareÂ® warranty with $0 and $100 deductible options.
For a full list of components (and additional details) that are covered or excluded from the Volvo CPO warranty, visit: Volvo Certified Pre Owned Warranty.
Financing a Volvo CPO Vehicle
When financing any vehicle, the buyer has a few options. A bank, credit union, or online finance company can help you with the financing. However, Volvo CPO vehicle standard financing is comparable to new car terms and finance rate. Volvo also offers APR special offers and additional rate enhancement on certain models; therefore Volvo CPO vehicle owners are eligible for the same low interest rates as new car buyers.
Volvo offers online financial services and convenient payment options at: Volvo Car Finance - Financing Options.