Classic car restoration in Los Angeles is easer to accomplish than in other cities, most of which are less car-centric. One of the largest cities and well known for its restored muscle cars and vintage vehicles, Los Angeles has numerous shops, parts stores and artists to take advantage of.
- When it comes to classic car restoration, Southern California holds the title. If you are looking for a car already restored to buy, this is an excellent place to look for what you want, and you'll probably find it
- The low riders of Los Angeles breed an artist that can produce such great paint jobs on your car that no one else will have one like it. The classic and vintage car enthusiasts have a great population of experienced painters and artists at their disposal that can do anything from simple flags to complex scenes on the hood, roof or side panels
- Parts that can be difficult to find in other parts of the country will be easier found here, due to the population of vehicles
- There are many car clubs and enthusiasts to join up with in the LA area. Restoring your car is a good thing, but taking it out and enjoying the company of other drivers is an incredible experience
- Southern California is one of the best places for auction houses selling vintage cars, restored or otherwise. If you have a car in mind, you can probably find it in one of these auction houses, or they will find it for you
- Los Angeles has all the famous runs of beaches and ocean view highways that take cars up and down the beautiful coastline. Nowhere else do you have this mix that was made so famous in the 1950s and 60s by movie stars and rock and roll groups
- There are classes, schools and shops that offer the training you need. With all the shops around you could hardly be in a better place than to become part of one of them for your experience. There is always room for another top restoration expert
Car Restoration in California
While there are great restoration professionals across the country, California has far more of them. Also, California hosts more car shows that just about any other state in the county. California has also become known for its environmental regulations when it comes to auto related work. Not only can you find the expert restoration resources in California, you can find many opportunities to show off your newly restored car, and do it guilt free knowing that it has been restored in the most environmentally friendly manner possible.
There are nearly two-thousand, five hundred auto restoration shops listed in California. This is a staggering number, and almost guarantees you can find an expert in restoration, regardless of the type of restoration you are considering. Whether your restoration is a collector's car, a muscle car, a hot rod, or a drifter, you will find a shop that can do the job and do it well. There are a number of shops that are featured on various network TV shows, which gives a prime opportunity to showcase some of their more difficult and prestigious restorations that are included in their portfolio.
There are well over three car shows per week in California. According to one schedule, there were nearly two hundred and thirty car shows scheduled in various areas around California in the year 2010. This provides any owner of a restored or custom car an opportunity to enter it in several different shows throughout the year, which for many, is one of the primary motives for a restoration or custom creation. Show cars range from antique Model As to totally unique drifters, and appeal to a wide variety of owners and admirers alike.
There have been a variety of relatively new laws passed in California mandating that various businesses involved in the auto repair and restoration industry adhere to practices and procedures to reduce the volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that were inherently produced in this type of industry. Several studies in the late 1990s proved auto repair and restoration facilities could run as efficiently and could actually lower their operating costs by using aqueous cleaning methods. The result of these studies was a significantly reduced rate of VOC production by these participating shops. The studies ultimately resulted in new regulations for all auto repair facilities in California, which means lowered VOCs, lower operating costs for shop owners, and (at least in theory) lower overall expenses for services.
Related Questions and Answers
Who are the Biggest Classic Car Dealers in California?
California is Classic Car heaven, so there are a number of classic car dealers in California. No matter what make and model you want to buy, if you look hard enough, you're going to find it in California. There are two dealers in California that stand out from all the rest. Both of these dealers are located in Northern California, in the San Francisco Bay Area. The first, Specialty Sales has three locations to serve you better and has been in business since 1978. In business since 1989, Kassabian Motors is the other popular classic car dealer in California.
Where are some Classic Auto Salvage Yards in California?
There are a number of auto salvage yards in California and many of these specialize in classic cars. One of these, Memory Lane, is used by a number of cable television automotive shows. Memory Lane is located in Wilmington, California. Yardquest is a website that lists all salvage yards in California. On the Yardquest site, you can easily locate a salvage yard near you and contact them to find the part or parts that you need. Another site that lists salvage yards in California is Used Wrecking Yards. Both of these sites are excellent resources allowing you to find a salvage yard in your area.
Where can I find Classic Cars for Sale in Los Angeles?
You're looking for classic cars for sale in Los Angeles. There are a number of ways that you can buy this type of car. Newspaper classifieds, eBay and classic car sales magazines are all popular ways to find cars of any type. However, you're more comfortable dealing with a car dealer. In Los Angeles and surrounding environments, you will have a number of options. West Coast Classics is one of the largest and most popular classic car dealers in the Los Angeles area. WCC is located in Santa Monica. Chequered Flag Sales, located in Marina del Rey, specializes in classic and exotic cars.
Are there any Classic Car Shows in California?
Every year there are literally hundreds of classic cars shows in California. The biggest and most comprehensive listing of all of these shows available online can be found at Car Show News & Classic Auto Events. The site currently only has two shows listed for 2011, but this will change as event organizers decide on dates and places. Another good site to check out for classic car shows is OldRide.com. The HubCap Café is another excellent resource for locating California car shows. Between the three sites listed here, you'll be sure to find a classic car show near you.