The Ohio drivers license test is one of the requirements by the Ohio BMV to legally drive in the state. Applicants need to visit the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles together with the proper documents needed.
To get a new license, take note of the following things required to be able to take the Ohio drivers license test:
- Visit a local deputy registrar of the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Applicants can check Ohio BMV website to see the office nearest their area.
- Ask for a temporary permit packet; pay a fee of $22 and make sure this packet will not be lost so as not to buy another one.
- Two forms of identification are needed and a photo ID if the other papers do not have a photo. Identification documents include state ID, birth certificate, social security card, passport, etc.
- For those who are 15 ½ to 17 years old, a parent or guardian should accompany them.
- Examine the temporary packets that will be given as these have information on OH driving laws.
- Get in touch with an Ohio Driver's License Exam Station to make an appointment to take the Ohio drivers license test.
- It is highly advised that new drivers take an Ohio drivers license practice test before they take the actual test. Those who have temporary license could only drive if there's an individual who is 21 years or older in the front passenger seat. This person must have a valid Ohio driver's license. For drivers below 18 years old, they need to have 50 hours of driving experience.
- Schedule an appointment to take the road test and to be able to take this test, applicants must at least be 16 years old. For those under 18, they need to show their driver's education certificate and should have received their temporary permit for a minimum of six months before the test.