One of the requirements needed to legally drive in the state of Florida is to take a driving exam, which is why it is important to take a Florida permit practice test first before taking the real written exam. In addition to the driving exam, the applicant also needs to pass hearing and vision, road rules, and road sign test examinations.
The state of Florida requires all of its drivers to secure a valid drivers license to legally drive on Florida roads. There are several documents that an individual needs to provide if he or she wants to obtain a Florida drivers license. For first time applicants, they must provide:
- Identification in two forms
- Proof of birth date
- Proof of Social Security Number
- Proof of legal presence for non US citizens
To secure a learner’s license it is required to take a written test composed of various areas in:
- Road Rules – consists of 20 multiple choice questions that ask about laws in traffic. The applicant needs to obtain 15 correct answers to pass this.
- Road Signs – consists of 20 multiple choice questions regarding road signs – same with Road rules, the applicant needs to get 15 correct answers to pass.
- Vision Test – the applicant will take this exam through an eye machine. One needs to have a 20/40 vision or better in each eyes or both eyes to pass.
- Hearing test
The Purpose of Driver License Test is to determine several things such as:
- The applicant’s ability to read and comprehend highway markings, road signs, and traffic signals.
- To gauge the applicant’s knowledge of Florida driving rules
- To gauge the applicant’s ability to drive safely
- To gauge the applicant’s experience and skill to perform safe driving
- To find out about applicant’s mental or physical conditions that might affects his or her driving.
Preparation For The Exam
It is extremely important and often recommended to review the Florida Drivers Handbook for one to pass the required examinations. This is the best preparation method that a person can do for the written permit exam. Other information found in the handbook includes information on first aid, how a person can get his or her driving records, how to obtain a crash report, driving schools, sexual offenders/predators and a lot more.
There are privately owned online sites that offer Florida permit practice tests with a fee. There are also some sites where an applicant can get free permit practices test - but the questions are usually limited. Take the test more than once so you will be prepared for the actual exam.