When it comes to used cars by price, there are many affordable options out there that won't hurt your wallet that much. One thing about used cars is that they've already went through a lot of their depreciation. Because of this, even "newer" used cars like from 2004 and on, are very inexpensive and drive like they're new. To ensure you get a good used car for a good price, it helps to read used car price reviews. You can use a used car price calculation to compare to the reviews as well. Here are some of the top rated used cars out there for you to buy.
- The Honda Accord is usually always on top of these used car lists. The Accord is a family car that offers great value for little money. The Accord is one of the more reliable cars on the market. It's not unheard of to see an Accord from even the early 1990s that is still running, with more than 200,000 or even 300,000 miles. The Accord has also undergone design changes to make them look up to date. Accord prices range, but you can definitely find some decent ones less than $10,000.
- The Honda Civic is another popular used car due to its fuel economy. The Civics from 2003 and on are all hybrids. They get between 35 and 40 miles per gallon depending on model. They are comparable to a Toyota Camry or Ford Fusion, and are usually a bit cheaper.
- The Toyota Prius is the most fuel efficient car on the market. Prius models debut fairly cheap, and used versions can be had in the $8,000 to $12,000 range. The Prius is great because their models get between 40 and 50 miles per gallon fuel economy. They can help you save money, and you get to save money by buying used.
- Luxury cars often make great used cars. Maybe at first you can't spend $30,000 or more on one, but in a few years they depreciate, and you can get some of them for half, or a little bit more. Buying one at $15,000 makes it more doable than at $30,000 plus. The BMW 3 series is a mass produced luxury car and they are usually one of the cheaper models to buy. They offer luxury for a nice used price. You could also go for a similar sedan in the Audi A4. The A4 used models can be had for less than $15,000 and offer the same look and quality as a BMW.
- You may also want to be looking at an SUV for off road terrain, or a snowy region. One choice is the Toyota Rav4. They are inexpensive, offer features of both cars and SUVs, and get more than 20 miles per gallon.
- ou may be looking for a used truck. If so, the Ford F150 is one of the most popular trucks out there, so they are available. If you want a fuel efficient truck, the Toyota Tacoma or Ford Ranger are good options.