Buying a used Toyota 4Runner is a great choice for someone who wants a rugged and durable SUV with modern conveniences and advanced safety features. Launched in 1984, the midsize Toyota 4Runner is built with body-on-frame construction and is as durable as it is dependable. The stylish fourth generation 4Runner was redesigned for the 2010 model year.
Under the Hood
The current generation 4Runner comes standard with a 5-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i) and Toyota’s EFI, dual independent, VVT-i 4.0 liter V6 engine.
- 270 horsepower, dual overhead cam (DOHC), 24-valve, 178 lb-ft of torque
- Variable Flow Control (VFC) power steering
- Gated shifter with sequential shift mode
- EPA estimated fuel economy is 17 city/23 highway
- LEV-II emissions rating
The midsize 4Runner measures 75.8 inches wide and 189.9 long, making it easily maneuverable in city driving or on off-road excursions.
- 109.8 inch wheelbase
- Coil-spring, independent, front and rear suspension with stabilizer bar
- 9.0 inch ground clearance
- Multi-reflector halogen headlamps with auto-off
- 17 inch alloy wheels
Fabric-trimmed seating for 5 is standard in the Toyota 4Runner, with optional seating for 7. Also included are a 6-way adjustable driver's seat and a 40/20/40 split-reclining second row seat.
- CFC-free climate control with rear ventilation and air filter
- AM/FM/MP3 CD player with eight speakers and satellite radio capability
- Power windows
- Programmable power door locks
- Tilt/telescopic steering wheel
- Cruise Control
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
- Computer-controlled fuel gauge
Some of the 4Runner’s many sophisticated safety features include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control, as well as Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist.
- Power ventilated disc brakes with Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Advanced driver and front passenger airbags
- Driver and front passenger knee airbags and seat-mounted side airbags
- Front and second row side curtain airbags
- Driver and front passenger active headrests
- Front seatbelt pretensioners with force limiters
- Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) on driver's belt
- Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractors (ALR/ELR) on passenger belts
- Child-protector rear door locks and power window lockout
- Second-row LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
- Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
For those seeking a midsize SUV with a spacious and comfortable interior along with proven reliability, a usedToyota 4Runner is an excellent vehicle to purchase. Visit Kelley Blue Book for pricing guides, local dealer inventory and available financing.