BMW’s smallest crossover, the X1 offers of level of athleticism and driving enjoyment that few of its ilk can match. You also get a full range of luxury accoutrements at a price that starts well below that of other premium crossovers.
Used 2014 BMW X1 For Sale Near Me
Auto First LLC of Mechanicsburg, PA (87 mi)
Hondru Chevrolet Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM of Elizabethtown, PA (90 mi)
2014 BMW X1 Overview
What's New for 2014
The X1 enters its second season with only minor equipment revisions.
Choosing Your BMW X1
The X1 is lower and shorter than the compact BMW X3, which makes it a subcompact crossover in our view. Even so, the X1 offers the same engine choices as the larger model, so performance is strong across the board. The standard turbocharged 2-liter four-cylinder serves up 240 horsepower and can be had with rear- or all-wheel drive. Select the 300-horsepower 3-liter turbo six-cylinder and all-wheel drive is standard. Both engines are paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The X1 is available in three trim levels that correspond to the drivetrain:
- sDrive28i (rear-wheel drive, four-cylinder): Comes thoroughly equipped with 17-inch wheels, automatic wipers and headlamps, automatic climate control, leatherette upholstery, Bluetooth phone, BMW’s iDrive electronics interface, and an eight-speaker sound system with HD radio and a USB port.
- xDrive28i (all-wheel drive, four-cylinder): Adds BMW’s xDrive system with hill descent control.
- xDrive35i (all-wheel drive, six-cylinder): In addition to the extra power, you get 18-inch wheels, xenon headlamps, a panoramic sunroof and power seats with driver memory.
Any X1 can be equipped with your choice of the following design themes:
- xLine: Adds 18-inch Y-spoke wheels and dark copper body trim.
- Sport: Gets double-spoke 18-inch wheels, black body trim and sport seats.
- M Sport: Comes with 18- or 19-inch wheels, a sport-tuned suspension, paddle shifters, sport seats in red leather, wood or aluminum interior accents, and an aerodynamic body kit.
Finally, BMW bundles most popular options into several packages:
- Premium: Adds power leather seats, a panoramic sunroof, keyless ignition and auto-dimming mirrors.
- Cold Weather: Includes heated front seats and a heated steering wheel.
- Lighting: Adds xenon headlamps to the 28i, and automatic high beams and ambient interior lighting to all.
- Technology: Equips the X1 with navigation, Bluetooth audio and integrated smartphone apps.
- Driver Assistance: Adds a rearview camera, and front and rear parking sensors (requires Technology, above).
- Ultimate: Contains all Premium, Technology and Driver Assistance features.
The X1 carries the lowest price in the entire BMW lineup. And our pick of the bunch is the base sDrive28i. It’s an attractive bargain so long as you are judicious with the options, which can jack the price quickly.
Find Your New BMW X1 On CarsDirect
We have information you must know before you buy the X1. We want to send it to you, along with other pricing insights.
I agree to receive emails from CarsDirect. I understand that I can unsubscribe at any time.