A fun-loving roadster with the prestige of a BMW, the Z4 pulls no punches when it comes to sheer emotional appeal. You might expect it to have mouth-watering looks and precise moves, which it does, but it’s also plush and classy like few other two-seaters on the market.
Used 2014 BMW Z4 For Sale Near Me
2014 BMW Z4 Overview
What's New for 2014
The Z4’s fender-mounted turn signals get a new design. Several tech features join the option list, and a Hyper Orange trim package is now available.
Choosing Your BMW Z4
Like all proper roadsters, the Z4 is a low-slung rear-driver, but departs from tradition with a standard retractable hardtop. The turbocharged 2-liter four-cylinder cranks out 240 horsepower and can be paired with a six-speed manual or no-cost eight-speed automatic transmission.
The optional 3-liter turbo six-cylinder ups horsepower to an even 300 and is available with a seven-speed automated manual. At the top the roster is a 335-horsepower version of the six-cylinder that comes only with the automated manual. So equipped, the Z4 can hit 60 mph in 5 seconds flat. The base four-cylinder does it in a still-quick 5.8 seconds.
The Z4 comes in three trim levels that correspond to your choice of engine:
- sDrive28i: Comes with the 2-liter engine along with features such as power leatherette seats with driver memory, automatic wipers, adaptive xenon headlamps, Bluetooth phone, auto-dimming mirrors, HD radio and 17-inch wheels.
- sDrive35i: Adds the 300-horsepower six-cylinder, 18-inch wheels and sun-reflective leather upholstery.
- sDrive35is: Gets the 335-horsepower six-cylinder along with a more aggressive suspension, sport seats, an upgraded audio system, sportier exterior trim and a sport steering wheel.
You can tailor the Z4 to your needs with a number of available option packages:
- M Sport: Provides a sportier driving experience with BWM’s adaptive M-tuned suspension, lightweight 18-inch wheels, an increased top speed limiter, an aerodynamic body kit and performance-themed interior trim.
- Sport (28i only): Adds the M Sport’s suspension, wheels and speed limiter to four-cylinder models.
- Cold Weather: Makes winter driving more tolerable with heated seats, a heated steering wheel and retractable headlight washers.
- Technology: Includes navigation, 12GB of music storage, voice commands and integrated smartphone apps.
- Premium Sound (28i and 35i only): Adds the premium audio system from the 35is.
- Canyon Brown: Features sport seats in upgraded brown-colored leather and anthracite wood interior trim.
- Hyper Orange: Wraps the Z4 in an orange and black color theme with faux suede and metallic interior accents.
Beyond all that, BMW offers several individual options like parking sensors, satellite radio and automatic high beams. Add too many, and the price of a Z4 will spiral skyward.
The four-cylinder Z4 achieves 27 mpg in combined driving, yet delivers acceleration comparable to V6 competitors. That’s a compelling case for sticking with the sDrive28i.