The LS 460 sedans can be equipped with either rear-wheel or all-wheel drive. Each of these options carries additional differences.
With rear-wheel drive you get:
- A 4.6-liter V8 that produces 387 horsepower and 367 pound-feet of torque.
- Access to the All-Weather equipment package on an optional basis. This package includes an enhanced interior heater that is designed for high initial output to warm up a cold interior; windshield-wiper deicer; headlamp washers; and a higher capacity vehicle battery.
If you choose the all-wheel-drive feature, you get:
- The same V8 engine with decreased output of 360 horsepower and 347 pound-feet of torque.
- The All-Weather package is standard.
- Heated rear outboard seats that are optional on the shorter model and standard on the longer one.
This sedan lineup is also available in two lengths:
- The regular length has a wheelbase of 9 feet 9 inches and an overall length of just over 16 feet 6 inches.
- The long wheelbase version increases each measurement by about five inches. How does this affect you? Rear-seat passengers gain about five inches of leg room.
Features exclusive to the shorter model include the Comfort option package featuring:
- Climate-comfort front seats
- Front-seat climate concierge, an automatic system that remembers preferred climate settings for each front seat
- Heated outboard rear seats (all-wheel-drive model only)
- Power rear sunshade
- Power open/close function for the trunk
Additionally, the F Sport package is available exclusively on the shorter wheelbase. This package features:
- An F Sport-tuned and lowered adaptive air suspension
- Five drive-mode selections
- Paddle shifters and, in rear-wheel-drive models only, downshift rev-matching capability
- 19-inch 10-spoke forged alloy wheels
- Brembo brakes
- Exclusive F Sport steering wheel, interior trim and exterior styling
The longer model, designated as the LS 460 L, offers two seating configurations. One is the five-seat layout found in the short LS 460, but the other seats only four but replaces that fifth seat with a rear-seat center console. All of the components of the regular-length’s optional Comfort package come as standard equipment on the L version.
Two additional option packages are available exclusively for the long model.
- The Executive-class Seating package is only available for the four-seat configuration and includes such features as a rear-seat Blu-ray/DVD-based entertainment system with wireless headphones, a recliner built into the right-rear seat with an ottoman and a shiatsu massage function, a cool box, and four-zone climate concierge.
- An Advanced Pre-collision System package bundles together most of the optional electronic safety systems such as pre-collision warning with braking, lane-keeping assist, and driver attention monitor.
Other option packages available for both lengths of the LS 460 include:
- The Ultra Luxury group offers such features as four-zone climate concierge, rear-seat cool box, rear-seat audio controls, and power-adjustable rear seats with a lumbar-massage function. For the longer wheelbase, this package is available only with the five-seat configuration.
- The Semi-Aniline Leather and Alcantara package makes interior trim upgrades available.
- The Air Suspension package featuring an adaptive air suspension and drive-mode selections.
Individual options available for all LS 460 sedans include:
- A Mark Levinson Reference surround-sound audio system with 19 speakers
- Blind-spot monitor with cross-traffic alert
- Pre-collision warning system
- LED headlamps
- Heated steering wheel