It’s hard to believe that a passenger car platform dwells underneath a vehicle as formidable as the Mercedes-Benz GL450. It’s one of the largest crossovers around and can easily pass for a truck-based SUV to the uninitiated. All the trappings of luxury travel are here in force, along with a potent turbocharged V8.
Used 2014 Mercedes-Benz GL450 For Sale Near MeThere are no vehicles within 100 miles of Please modify your search criteria.
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Overview
What's New for 2014
Just in case last year’s model lacked anything, Mercedes-Benz has added a split-view dash display and heated and cooled cupholders to the option list.
Choosing Your Mercedes-Benz GL450
Motivating the GL450’s bulk isn’t an issue for the standard 4.7-liter turbocharged V8. With 362 horsepower and 406 pound-feet of torque available, the GL 450 makes it from zero to 60 mph in 6.2 seconds, quite impressive for an all-wheel drive vehicle with 94 cubic feet of cargo space. All models are equipped with a self-leveling air suspension and a seven-speed automatic transmission.
The premium vinyl (or optional leather) interior does an exemplary job of transporting seven adults in quiet comfort. You get heated power seats in front, a power-folding third row and power rear quarter windows. Other perks includes Bluetooth phone and audio, HD radio, LED exterior lighting, a power liftgate and a review camera.
A panoramic sunroof and heated second-row seats are available as standalone options.
Most remaining features are bundled into packages:
- Premium: Adds power-folding and auto-dimming side mirrors, illuminated front door sills, heated and cooled cupholders, additional power functions plus memory for the driver seat, ambient interior lighting, a power telescoping steering wheel, voice controls, navigation, satellite radio and 10 gigs of audio storage.
- Lighting: Equips the GL with full LED headlights and automatic high-beam control.
- Parking Assist: Includes a surround-view camera, front and rear parking sensors, and an automated parallel parking system.
- Lane Tracking: Adds active blind-spot and lane-keeping assists.
- Driver Assistance: In addition to the above, you get adaptive cruise control with steering assist, cross-traffic assist, pedestrian detection and a collision mitigation system.
Given the GL450’s size and family orientation, the available safety tech packages are money well spent—and might even be mandatory for drivers who’ve never handled a large vehicle before.