Our test car—a top-of-the-line Mitsubishi Mirage ES finished in a blinding shade of Kiwi Green—listed for $15,990 with destination charges. It came fully loaded and had no optional equipment. A surprisingly upscale list of standard features included:.
- Automatic climate control
- One-touch up/down on the driver's power window
- Bluetooth phone connectivity
- Cruise control
- A leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls
- A 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty
The car's 1.2-liter three-cylinder engine produces just 74 horsepower, and is mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
The base DE model with a five-speed manual transmission starts at $13,790, including destination.