The Tiguan is among the smallest of the compact crossover SUVs for 2014 with a cargo capacity significantly less than many of its competitors. Yet what the Tiguan lacks in space it makes up for with a top-quality interior and upgrades.
Used 2014 Volkswagen Tiguan For Sale Near Me
SMH Auto Sales of Frederick, MD (26 mi)
Prime Autos of Hagerstown of Hagerstown, MD (44 mi)
2014 Volkswagen Tiguan Overview
What's New for 2014
The Tiguan gets a fifth trim level at the top of the line featuring a sport package along with some comfort and convenience upgrades. Volkswagen’s new Car-Net telematics system is also standard at trim level SE and above.
Choosing Your Volkswagen Tiguan
The only engine is assigned to the Tiguan is a turbocharged 2-liter four-cylinder model capable of 200 horsepower.
If you’re considering the base-level S trim you’ll choose either a standard six-speed manual transmission or an optional six-speed automatic transmission with Sport and Manual modes; the automatic is standard for all other trims.
Front-wheel drive is standard for all trims and an optional 4Motion all-wheel-drive system is available for all Tiguans except S models with the manual transmission.
Five trim levels begin with the base S trim and end with the new R-Line.
While the S level is the base trim, it goes above the basic level with such features as:
- An eight-speaker sound system with a CD player that’s MP3 and WMA compatible, Bluetooth audio streaming, and an auxiliary jack for portable music players
- Leather-wrapped multi-function steering wheel
- Single-zone climate control
- Rear bench seat with 40/20/40-split with fold-flat function
- Fold-flat front passenger seat to extend cargo capacity for long narrow loads
- Black cloth upholstery
- Seven exterior color choices
- 16-inch Portland alloy wheels
The SE trim retains all of the S level’s features except where they are replaced by the following upgrades:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Media interface with iPod connectivity
- Car-Net telematics service
- Heated front seats
- Driver’s seat power-recline function
- Leatherette upholstery in either black or beige
- Heated windshield washer nozzles
With the SE with Appearance trim level, you’ll get the following upgrades or additional features:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Premium VIII touchscreen sound system with HD radio
- SiriusXM satellite radio
- Keyless access with push-button start function
- Rearview camera
- Front passenger seat power-recline function
New features and upgrades take a serious jump at the SEL level which includes:
- Panoramic sunroof
- Navigation system
- Fender Premium audio system with eight speakers and a subwoofer
- Dual-zone climate control
The top-of-the-line R-Line trim includes several sport-themed features as well as added comfort and convenience items including:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- R-Line body kit
- Sport suspension
- Paddle shifters
- Stainless-steel pedals
- Power-adjustable front seats with driver seat memory function
- Heated power-folding and power-adjustable outside mirrors with memory function
- Leather upholstery in either black or beige
- Bi-xenon adaptive headlights
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Five exterior colors
In addition to the five trim levels, several standalone options are available throughout the line. The following are among the factory-installed items available:
- Trailer hitch
- Rear-hatch spoiler
- Aluminum side steps with anti-slip coating
- Splash guards
Adding features to any German car adds serious heft to its price tag. More than $13,000 separates the MSRPs of a base S and a range-topping R-Line. If you have a less restricted budget, we like the added features in an SEL, but an SE will probably do the trick for most Tiguan buyers.
Find Your New Volkswagen Tiguan On CarsDirect
We have information you must know before you buy the Tiguan. We want to send it to you, along with other pricing insights.
I agree to receive emails from CarsDirect. I understand that I can unsubscribe at any time.