Every Q7 leaves the factory with all-wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission. The standard supercharged 3-liter V6 produces 280 horsepower, and you can upgrade to a more potent 333-horsepower version. The choice for efficiency is the available turbo-diesel 3-liter V6 (TDI), which makes 240 horsepower and achieves 22 mpg in combined driving. The TDI doesn't turn the Q7 into a tree-hugger, but 22 mpg from a seven-passenger vehicle with all-wheel drive is more than respectable.
The Q7's various trim levels break down according to engine:
- 3.0T Premium: Gets the base 3-liter V6, plus a full complement of luxury equipment such as a leather interior with heated front seats, a programmable power liftgate, rear parking sensors, Bluetooth phone and an 11-speaker sound system with satellite radio.
- 3.0T Premium Plus: Adds a navigation system with web-based apps and WiFi access, a 14-speaker Bose surround-sound system, a panoramic sunroof, keyless ignition, a rearview camera, front parking sensors and power-folding auto-dimming mirrors. The available Warm Weather package includes a deep-tint sunroof, four-zone climate control and rear sunshades. New this year is the Offroad Style Plus package, which features more aggressive exterior styling details, stainless steel skid plates and 20-inch titanium-finish wheels.
- TDI Premium: Carries the turbo-diesel engine and all of 3.0T Premium's equipment and options, plus standard 19-inch wheels and additional chrome trim outside.
- TDI Premium Plus: Same as above, but with the extra features found on the 3.0T Premium Plus
- TDI Prestige: Tops off the TDI with 20-inch wheels, a blind-spot monitoring system, ventilated front seats and the contents of the Warm Weather package. All Prestige models can get a Sport Style Plus package with unique styling elements and 21-inch gloss black wheels. Other options for the Prestige include an adaptive air suspension, adaptive cruise control and a premium Bang & Olufesen sound system.
- 3.0T Prestige: Comes with the 333-horsepower version of the 3-liter V6. Other equipment and options are shared with TDI Prestige.
Any Q7 can be equipped with a Cold Weather Package (heated rear seats and steering wheel), a Towing package and a rear-seat entertainment system.
The Q7 is very attractively priced in base Premium trim, but the value proposition evaporates as you add equipment. The Premium Plus is as far as we would go if spending our own coin on a Q7.
Choose your Audi Q7 »