Based on BMW’s midsize 5 Series, the 550 Gran Turismo is a four-door hatchback with a tall body that stops just short of crossover height. The unique design offers significantly more utility and cargo space than even the largest luxury sedans.
USED 2015 BMW 550 Gran Turismo FOR SALE NEAR METhere are no vehicles within 100 miles of Please modify your search criteria.
2015 BMW 550 Gran Turismo Overview
What's New For 2015
Keyless ignition is now standard, and the Modern design line has been dropped. Otherwise, the 550 Gran Turismo is unchanged.
Choosing Your 550 Gran Turismo
The 550 Gran Turismo carries a 4.4-liter turbocharged V8 with 445 horsepower, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. BMW’s xDrive all-wheel drive system is available in place of the standard rear-drive setup. The V8 features an automatic stop-start function for enhanced efficiency.
As expected, the Gran Turismo is lavishly equipped from the start with features like leather seating with 20-way power in front and driver memory, a hands-free power liftgate, Bluetooth phone and audio, a panoramic sunroof, front and rear parking sensors, navigation, HD radio and adaptive xenon headlamps. You also get a full complement of integrated smartphone apps to assist with navigation and communications.
The Gran Turismo is available in two optional design lines: Luxury and M Sport. Luxury models come with multi-spoke 19- or 20-inch wheels, your choice of wood interior trim, LED foglamps and specific seat stitching. The M Sport gets an aerodynamic body kit, V-spoke wheels, black exterior trim and a higher top speed limiter.
Beyond all that, you can customize your Gran Turismo with several option packages.
- The Executive package adds automatic soft-close doors, a head-up display, ceramic controls, satellite radio, and your choice of a Harman Kardon or Bang & Olufsen surround-sound system.
- The Cold Weather package provides heated front and rear seats and a heated steering wheel.
- Safety is the focus of the Driver Assistance Plus package, which includes blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, a surround-view camera system and collision mitigation with pedestrian detection.
- The Dynamic Handling package firm up the suspension with adaptive dampers and stabilizer bars.
- Finally, you can get ventilated and massaging front seats with the Luxury Seating package.
Most available options are a matter of personal taste. That said, the Dynamic Handling Package effectively compensates for the Gran Turismo's extra weight and makes it handle very much like the 5 Series sedan.