For luxury car buyers who like to mix a little electricity with their gasoline, BMW serves up the ActiveHybrid 5. Like other members of the midsize 5 Series, the hybrid sedan takes comfort and performance seriously. In other words, there are no compromises in store for those who choose a greener approach to luxury motoring.
Used 2015 BMW ActiveHybrid 5 For Sale Near MeThere are no vehicles within 100 miles of Please modify your search criteria.
2015 BMW ActiveHybrid 5 Overview
What's New For 2015
The ActiveHybrid 5 gains a few bits of standard equipment, and the Modern design line has been dropped.
Choosing Your ActiveHybrid 5
Hybrid vehicles usually rank dead last in their respective lines when it comes to raw power, but not in this case. The ActiveHybrid 5 carries a turbocharged 3-liter six-cylinder and electric motor that together produce 335 horsepower, the most you can get in a 5 Series without upgrading to a V8 engine. At 26 mpg combined, fuel economy isn't as stellar as you might expect in a hybrid, but then again most hybrids can't perform at this level. All models come with an eight-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive. The lithium-ion battery pack resides in the rear, where it cuts into trunk space somewhat.
The ActiveHybrid 5 starts out much like other six-cylinder 5 Series models with a leather and wood interior, driver memory functions, a sunroof, four-zone climate control, automatic wipers, LED foglights and 18-inch wheels. Tech features include Bluetooth phone and audio, voice controls, navigation and integrated smartphone apps. The 10-speaker sound system comes with HD radio and a CD player.
You can select from two optional design lines, Luxury and M Sport. The Luxury line offers 18-inch multispoke aluminum wheels, chrome exterior accents and unique interior trim. The M Sport features lightweight 19-inch alloy wheels, a sport steering wheel, black exterior trim and (optional) performance tires.
- The popular Premium package adds a power hands-free trunk lid, keyless ignition and satellite radio.
- The Cold Weather package includes heated front and rear seats, a heated steering wheel and headlamp washers.
- You get 20-way front seats with ventilation and massage in the Luxury Seating package.
- There's also a Lighting package with full LED headlamps and automatic high beam control.
- The Driver Assistance package equips the ActiveHybrid 5 with a head-up display, a rearview camera, and front and rear parking sensors.
- An expanded Plus version of the same adds blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, a driver alertness monitor, adaptive cruise control and a surround-view camera system.
You can further customize the ActiveHybrid 5 with standalone options such as automatic soft-close doors, a power rear sunshade, a self-parking system, a rear entertainment system and your choice of premium audio systems.
We've always found the Premium and Driver Assistance packages to be essential to our enjoyment of the 5 Series. The remainder of the options are a matter of taste and budget.