Ford's high-flying compact gets a midlife makeover this year aimed at preserving its top-tier status. While not not radically different than before, the updated Focus should have no problem keeping the showroom doors swinging.
Used 2015 Ford Focus For Sale Near Me
Ourisman Volvo Audi of Frederick of Frederick, MD (25 mi)
Sheehy Ford of Warrenton of Warrenton, VA (25 mi)
2015 Ford Focus Overview
What's New for 2015
The Focus gets a restyled grille, hood and trunk, as well as a revised dashboard with higher-quality materials. The suspension has been retuned, and advanced safety tech features are available for the first time. Perhaps most significant is the new three-cylinder EcoBoost engine option.
Choosing Your Ford Focus
As before, the Focus comes as a four-door sedan or hatchback. That latter is of course the choice for cargo-carrying ability, although the sedan is more versatile than before thanks to a new split-folding rear seat.
- A 160-horsepower 2-liter four cylinder returns as the base engine, matched to a five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission.
- An EcoBoost 1-liter turbocharged three-cylinder that produces 123 horsepower is optional only on the SE and only with a six-speed manual transmission. The EcoBoost returns 33 mpg in combined driving, an increase of about 3 mpg over the 2-liter.
(Ford also offers the Focus Electric and high-performance Focus ST, which are covered in separate entries.)
The Focus is offered in S, SE and Titanium trim levels:
- The SE Appearance package gets you leather seating with driver power, ambient interior lighting, an overhead console, satellite radio and four-wheel disc brakes. Outside are LED running lights, foglamps, a rear spoiler (sedan only) and 17-inch dark aluminum wheels.
- With the Appearance Package in place, your Focus is eligible for the Navigation with Sony and MyFord Touch package, which includes a navigation system, a touchscreen infotainment interface and a 10-speaker Sony sound system. Dual-zone automatic climate control is also part of the deal.
- You can take the SE in another direction with the SE Sport package (requires automatic transmission), which comes with cloth sport seats, paddle shifter wheels, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and an aerodynamic body kit. You also get the Appearance package's foglamps, rear disc brakes and 17-inch wheels (albeit in a different design).
- The SE EcoBoost package is nearly identical to the Sport, but carries the three-cylinder Ecoboost engine and a six-speed manual transmission.
- All SE models are eligible for the SE Cold Weather package, which add heat functions to the front seats, side mirrors and steering wheel.
- The Titanium Technology package includes sophisticated safety features like automatic high-beam control, blind spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert and lane keeping assist.
Most buyers are drawn to the SE for its overall value and diverse equipment choices, which now include the EcoBoost engine. Just keep in mind that Titanium is the only route to the newly available safety technologies, which are some of the most advanced in this class.