The Gran Turismo carries a turbocharged 3-liter six-cylinder with 300 horsepower. You also get an eight-speed automatic transmission and BMW’s xDrive all-wheel drive system. The Gran Turismo rides on a 115-inch wheelbase (it's 110.6 on other models) for increased rear legroom and cargo space. Seating and ride height are higher, but not so much that you feel like you're riding in an SUV.
Standard equipment is shared with the 340i sedan, including power front seats with driver memory, full LED headlamps, a hands-free power tailgate, 18-inch alloy wheels, a sunroof, a 16-speaker Harman Kardon surround-sound system, and keyless ignition and access.
- The Luxury package adds leather upholstery, wood or aluminum interior trim, a saddle brown lower dash (instead of black), and non-sport seats if desired.
- You can take the Gran Turismo in another direction with the M Sport package, which provides a sport-tuned suspension, specific wheels, aerodynamic body trim, and a sport steering wheel.
- The Track Handling package (available with or without the full M Sport treatment) contributes upgraded brakes, sport-tuned steering, and an adaptive suspension system.
- A navigation system comes with the Technology package, which also adds a larger display screen and a suite of integrated smartphone apps.
- The Cold Weather package adds heated seats all around and a heated steering wheel.
- There is also a Lighting package with adaptive headlamps and automatic high beams.
- Safety gets a boost from the Driver Assistance package with a rearview camera and front and rear parking sensors. A Plus version of the same adds blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, a surround-view camera system, and speed limit data.
Adaptive cruise control is a standalone option, as are an automated parallel parking system and a rear power sunshade.
With this year's bump in standard equipment, options are less of a priority. We do still consider the the Luxury and Driver Assistance packages to be essential to enjoyment of the car.
Get your price on a BMW 328 Gran Turismo »