The 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 comes in a variety of cab configurations with different bed sizes while there are four distinct trim levels. Base trim starts at $39,180 (Crew Cab), SLE at $43,305 (Crew Cab), SLT at $47,070 (Crew Cab), and the Denali at $54,340 (Crew Cab).
The Base and SLE offer the availability of a four-wheel drive system and a short, standard or long bed size. Buyers of the SLT and Denali only get the choice of a standard or short bed. Opting for our favorite trim and configuration, the GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Crew Cab, you can expect to enjoy the following standard features:
- Eight-speed automatic transmission with a powerful 6.2-liter V8 engine
- Climate controlled front seats
- Perforated leather seating surfaces
- 8-inch infotainment touch screen with Bluetooth Smartphone integration and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- LED headlights, foglights and taillights
- 20-inch alloy wheels (optional 22-inch wheels on Denali)
- Heavy-duty locking rear differential
- Power-folding rearview mirros
- OnStar with 4G LTE WiFi Connectivity
- Trailering equipment enabling towing up to 12,000 pounds on 6.2-liter V8 SLT and Denali trims
Offering so many standard features and a plush interior with a few luxury appointments, the 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 serves many transportation and hauling duties at the same time, and has no issues being the sole vehicle for a decent-sized family. The multi-purpose nature of the 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 appeases most and some who look for exceptional styling with the availability of items like optional 22-inch wheels or the ability to tow up to 12,000 pounds.