Standard equipment in the 650 Gran Coupe affirms its position as a high-end luxury car. Under the hood, a 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine generates 445 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque, driving an eight-speed automatic transmission. Rear-wheel drive is standard, with BMW’s xDrive all-wheel-drive system (a $3,000 option). Fuel economy is EPA-estimated at 17/25 mpg (city/highway) with rear-drive, or 15/24 mpg with all-wheel drive. Acceleration to 60 mph may be achieved in a swift 4.3 seconds.
Inside is a 9-speaker surround-sound audio system, along with 10-way power front seats, driver’s memory, hard drive-based navigation with a 10.2-inch screen and real-time traffic data, Dakota leather seat upholstery and door trim, enhanced USB and Bluetooth connectivity, adaptive cruise control, split fold-down rear seats, power-folding heated mirrors, front/rear parking sensors, and 19-inch wheels.
Option packages can enhance the Gran Coupe's comfort and performance:
- Choosing the $4,500 Executive Package adds soft-close automatic doors, a head-up display, four-zone climate control, ventilated front seats, ceramic controls, and power sunshade and rear side-window shades.
- For $450, the Cold Weather Package adds heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel.
- Adding the Driving Assistance Plus Package ($1,700) brings a bundle of advanced safety technologies including active cruise control, active blind spot detection, and side- and top-view cameras.
- The Active Driving Assistant group includes lane-departure warning, forward collision warning, city collision mitigation, and pedestrian detection.
- A Black Accent Package provides a choice of interior materials and finishes, with specific 19- or 20-inch wheels.
- The M Sport Package includes features from the other packages, for a discounted price.
Additional options include a 16-speaker Bang & Olufsen surround-sound system, night vision with pedestrian detection, parking assistance, integral active steering, and active front seats.
For its $91,200 starting price, the 650 Gran Coupe comes with a vast selection of standard equipment. Still, if you're looking to upgrade, the Executive Package adds a batch of comfort/convenience features, while the Driving Assistance Plus group provides valuable safety technology. We further recommend the M Sport Package, which adds quite a variety of additional features for its $5,300 price.
Get your price on the BMW 650 Gran Coupe »