Prices for the 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 start at $28,205 for a regular cab, standard box, 4x2 model. However, most buyers prefer a double or crew cab and four-wheel drive, so we think a double cab 4x4 version in SLE trim costing $46,775 is a good place to start. You’ll find such features included as:
- A 5.3-liter V8 engine paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission
- Leather-trimmed and heated front seats
- An eight-inch color display for the infotainment system
- Dual-zone climate control
- A 110-volt power outlet
The advanced driver alert package ($945) brings in lane keep assist, front and rear park assist, forward collision alert, low-speed forward automatic braking, a safety alert seats, and automatic high-beam headlights.
The GMC Sierra offers three engine choices:
- A 4.3-liter, V6 is standard and makes 285 horsepower and 305 pound-feet of torque. Paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, this is one of the most efficient gas engines found in a large truck, making 24 mpg.
- GM’s stout 5.3-liter V8 engine offers the best combination of performance and fuel economy. This engine makes 355 horsepower while delivering 23 mpg. An eight-speed automatic is available.
- For people desiring a true workhorse, the 6.2-liter V8 makes 420 horsepower and is the ideal choice for people who like to pull a boat or trailer. An eight-speed automatic is standard equipment.