The Acura ILX really shines value-wise if you can keep it below $32,000 – above there, it starts running into stiff competition from the BMW 320i, Audi A3, and Mercedes CLA 250 which are more fun to drive, and provide a slightly more luxurious experience compared to the Acura. On the other end of the spectrum, a loaded Civic easily eclipses the base model ILX in features.
Therefore, it's smart to choose an ILX with the Premium Package, which adds leather seats, a premium audio system, and blind spot monitoring with rear cross traffic alerts among other things. Unfortunately, you can't get the AcuraWatch Plus driver assistance package without also getting the Technology Plus Package, which quickly inflates the ILX's price past $34,000. Follow our advice, and you'll end up with a $31,065 sedan.
- Model: 2018 Acura ILX
- Engine: 2.4-liter four-cylinder
- Output: 201 hp/ 180 lb-ft
- Transmission: Eight-speed dual-clutch automatic
- Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
- Fuel Economy: 24 City / 35 Hwy
- Options: Premium Package ($2,000, Leather Sport Seats, Premium Audio System, Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alerts, eight-inch infotainment display)
- Base Price: $29,065 (including a $965 destination charge)
- Best Value Price: $31,065