It’s hard to say that a fully loaded crossover is a great value, as packages are often profit padding for manufacturers, but a fully-loaded 2018 RDX is an exception.
In its base format, the 2018 Acura RDX is pretty well equipped, but tack on the Advance Package, which also requires the AcuraWatch Plus and Technology packages, and there's true value here. Not only is it fully loaded at a still-affordable $43,475 (including $975 in destination charges), but it's also only slightly higher than the starting price for base versions of two of its German rivals, the BMW X3 and Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class, which both start from $41,045. We'd also recommend adding Acura's excellentSuper-Handling All-Wheel Drivesystem – it's a worthwhile $1,500 option.
Here’s how our loaded-to-the-gills 2018 RDX looked on paper:
- Model: 2018 Acura RDX Advance Package SH-AWD
- Engine: 3.5-liter V6
- Output: 279 hp / 252 lb-ft of torque
- Transmission: Six-speed automatic
- MPG: 20 city / 28 highway
- Exterior color: Basque Red Pearl II
- Interior color: Parchment
- Options: AcuraWatch Plus ($1,300, automatic emergency braking, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, instrument cluster display), Technology Package ($3,700, sport seats with perforated leather, eight-way front passenger seat, navigation, real-time traffic, the AcuraLink connectivity system, 10-speaker audio system, blind-spot monitoring, rear-view camera with cross-traffic alert, and voice recognition for navigation and climate control), and Advance Package ($1,700, heated and ventilated seats, rain-sensing wipers, remote start, auto-dimming side mirrors, 18-inch alloy wheels, fog lights, and front and rear parking sensors).
- Base Price: $36,770 (including destination fees)
- As Tested: $44,975 (including destination fees)