The 2018 Audi A5 is all new, based on a new platform with fresh styling, upgraded tech and safety features, and a new engine. It shares its running gear with the A4 sedan and Q5 crossover SUV.
We like the A5 Sportback body – at $43,575, no only is it $200 less than the A5 Coupe, it's more versatile without sacrificing much in the looks department (we'd even entertain an argument that the five-door A5 is even better looking than the Coupe). Standard features include Xenon Plus headlights with LED daytime running lights, 18-inch alloy wheels, a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, panoramic sunroof, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and a basic crash preparation system.
As usual, you’ll find three available trim levels – Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige. We recommend the Premium Plus trim for its standard blind-spot monitoring, LED headlights, proximity entry with push-button start, and heated front seats. From there, you'll want to dive into the packages, which grants owners some Prestige-worthy content in a more customizable package, which could help save some cash. Our best value, for example, has plenty of content, but at $51,925, is just slightly more than the $51,175, which doesn't feature any optional goodies.
- Model:2018 Audi A5 Sportback
- Engine:2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder
- Output:252 hp/ 273 lb-ft
- Transmission:Seven-speed dual-clutch automatic
- Drivetrain:All-wheel drive
- MPG:24 city / 34 highway
- Options:Premium Plus trim ($2,790, keyless entry and push-button start, heated side mirrors, heated front seats, front and rear parking sensors, and blind-spot monitoring with rear cross traffic assist), Navigation Package ($2,600 navigation, Audi's all-digital Virtual Cockpit, and an 8.3-inch infotainment system), Warm Weather Package ($1,300, ventilated front seats and front sport seats with power lumbar support), and a Bang and Olufsen sound system ($950).
- Base Price:$43,575 [including $975 destination charge)
- Best Value Price:$51,925